Date: May 3, 2021
Location: Columbus, OH, US
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
The Project Engineer primary purpose of the role is to define, prepare, lead and execute projects, in line with business needs and project management methods and techniques. Ensure project objectives are met and conduct the conceptual design, development, cost estimation, execution and completion stages. Projects will include the optimization/modification of existing production processes, replacement of obsolete equipment and installation of new safety devices and controls.
AkzoNobel is named Top Employer for 2021!
What an exciting time to be part of AkzoNobel – Come join our team in Columbus, Ohio!
- Develops, executes and/or manages engineering projects at the site to meet the proper efficiency, time, scope, budget, quality, and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Provide input for process modifications and/or modifications of existing operation, and develop business cases as appropriate.
- Delivers the site capex investment plan in accordance with agreed site priorities
- Identify opportunities and make suggestions for improvement in production process
- Functional excellence in HSE policies, project management, construction management and contractor management
- Executes applicable AkzoNobel policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems
- Ensures projects and documentation are compliant with all local, state and national regulations (eg. OHSA PSM, NFPA, etc…)
- Drives collaboration and engagement with all levels of the site for design, constructing and implementing improvement projects.
- Ensures operator buy-in on process improvement projects
- Responsible for safe delivery of projects through correct management of contractors and third parties
- Effectively engages with key site stakeholders (and other levels) to manage expectations on site (handover, training)
- Ability to work independently throughout the site.
- Minimal to Moderate guidance required from Engineering Manager
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of applicable project or process engineering experience, ideally in a paint or chemical factory
- Experience designing and selecting equipment for Class 1 Div 1 environments
- Experience with PTW (Permit to Work), MOC (Management of change) and PSM (Process Safety Management) requirements
- Ability to climb stairs wearing steel-toed footwear
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments and inclement weather
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment with limited exposure to chemical agents
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Requisition ID: 10672
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Click Here To Apply