To organize and collect good quality patient specimens in a timely manner meeting test requirements by using correct tubes, processing orders and specimens including send-outs and assisting with other laboratory responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred hospital phlebotomy experience.Experience:
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
Supervised by: Director, Supervisor, Technologist (limited)
Works with all departments on accounting and/or human resource issues.
For Direct Patient Care Positions Only:
Must have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care as defined by job responsibilities and performance standards in this job description to include Patient Safety Performance Standards for the identified population served below:
- Pre-term/High Risk Neonate
- Neonate (newborn to 28 days)
- Pediatric (One month to 12 years)
- Young Adult (18 to 35 years)
- Adult (35 to 65 years)
- Geriatric (65 years and over)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF COMPETENT PERFORMANCE FOR THIS POSITION
- Performs all routine specimen collections accurately and in a timely manner. Communicates any delays to appropriate personnel and documents. Has no counseling’s for performance or quality issues. Trains new associates.
- Handles appropriately collection of irreplaceable samples. Takes appropriate precautions when IV’s, Shunts, post-mastectomy patients or other special cases are involved.
- Orders outpatient tests correctly in computer with attention to ordering physician, special call and fax instructions and any expiration dates.
- Demonstrates communication skills with other departments and clinicians as lab ambassador by avoiding responses that might initiate controversy and deliberately selecting responses that will encourage and foster a sense of being served. Creates a positive atmosphere with coworkers stressing satisfaction of multitasking and hard work. Does not routinely complain about workload and responsibilities of job.
- Flexible in scheduling of shifts and days off. Requesting PTO in a timely manner and respecting the limitations of department staffing. Does not automatically expect special exceptions due to personal situations such as dependents and/or personal life style. Assists in avoiding unnecessary overtime by alerting supervisor to any errors on schedule Assists in schedule and changes as requested.
- Actively participates in preparation of send-outs and assists with follow up on outstanding samples. Helps resolve errors in ordering, labeling, improper sample collection, and sample preparation to best of ability.
- Organizes work in most efficient manner to follow proper priorities of medical importance and is able to multitask several patients and several different duties at same time. Demonstrates ability to stay calm under pressure and is not overwhelmed by routine fluctuations in workload.
- Demonstrates ability to trouble shoot ordering problems and/or communication problems with patients. Resolves problems as far as possible before asking assistance. Contacting physician office and/or nursing as needed.
- Assists in ordering of supplies by alerting supervisor when supplies are low and checking in supplies when received from shipping. Reconciles end of month drug screen collections.
- Takes initiative to read all posted memos, minutes of meetings, policies, procedures, job description and notices and holds self accountable for content within.
- Organizes projects for phlebotomists during slow down times and uses opportunity to accomplish nontraditional laboratory work such as filing records, organizing store room, and reviewing instrument operational manuals.
- Participates in community sponsored events of hospital and presents a positive image to the community of the hospital. Supports change and growth of the institution.
- Keeps work area clean and well stocked and takes responsibility for presence of all public areas in laboratory and hospital. Correcting where possible and reporting as necessary broken or dirty areas.
- Keeps uniform and appearance neat and clean. Follows proper hygiene. Displays badge and follows time clock policies as well as parks in designated area.
- Demonstrates ability to distinguish priorities by medical necessity in organization of work. Ensures that timed work and Stats are collected immediately or at the assigned times.
- Follows good technique in patient preparation and always follows policy in patient identification and labeling.
- Demonstrates thorough computer skills of CPSI and increases skill with time learning more routines and options in the system.
- Commits to outstanding guest relations and customer service; provides excellent customer service to meet the expectations of patients, visitors, and fellow associates; maintains courteous and professional conduct.
- Demonstrates teamwork; supports, assists, and praises fellow associates whenever possible; feels a sense of ownership and takes pride in the Hospital; looks beyond assigned tasks to achieve goals.
- Supports and promotes the Mission, Vision, and Values; adheres to all Hospital policies and procedures; commits to the Standards of Conduct; maintains professional appearance
1360 Brickyard Rd, Chipley, FL 32428, USA
Click Here To Apply