Location of position:
3820 N 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
A Medic is responsible for the transportation of the sick and/or injured patient(s). The EMT-P must comply with all state, local and Company policies and procedures pursuant to his or her level of training. The Medic must also comply with all state, local and Company policies and procedures regarding recertification and/or continuing education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project a professional image and attitude when dealing with patients, other agencies and fellow employees.
- Be familiar with company driving policies/standards and always drive in a safe and responsible manner.
- Adhere to Company dress code and personal appearance policies.
- Be familiar with safe lifting and moving techniques and be physically/mentally fit for the performance of job duties.
- Be familiar with all Company policies and procedures and any changes made to the same.
- Be familiar with Company management structure.
- Be familiar with all Company forms and their purposes.
- Demonstrate proper patient care documentation techniques and a working knowledge of all policies and forms as well as all required hardware and software programs.
- Assume responsibility for daily check of vehicle maintenance and mechanical equipment. Must inspect and report any vehicle damage or malfunction and check all fluid levels to insure they are replenished if necessary.
- Assume responsibility for cleanliness of vehicle cab and cleaning vehicle exterior in conjunction with partner on a daily basis.
- Have a working knowledge of the Company communications systems and communications policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and capable of navigating in all response areas of the Company.
- Be knowledgeable of major receiving hospital/facility locations and their capabilities.
- Know how to use “GPS” products to assist in navigating.
- Be willing and able to perform special duties as assigned.
- Must report all incidents, accidents and problems to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Report to work on-time and prepared to immediately begin work.
- Be willing to work overtime as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The EMT-P should have a high school education. Those with a GED equivalent will be considered.
- Must possess and maintain current state certification at the EMT-P/EMSVO level.
- Must possess and maintain current EVOC and CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- Must possess and maintain current state certification at the PALS/ACLS.
- Must possess and maintain current state certification at the Critical Care Tech (CCT).
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be knowledgeable of safe moving and lifting techniques to insure safety of self and others.
- Must successfully complete the Company’s probationary program.
- Must attend continuing education and other educational courses and certifications deemed necessary by the ALS Coordinator or Medical Director.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
This job description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description. The Company reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Click Here To Apply