About Our Firm
The Law Office of Jason Wright is a growing family law firm looking for a litigation paralegal that will be the right fit with our firm. Our firm’s core values are 1) Balanced & Accepting Work Environment, 2) Passionate & Responsible Representation, 3) Client-based Billing, 4) Set the Right Expectations, and 5) Maintain Professional Client Control. If you like what you see and you’re up for a challenging job that is as demanding as it is rewarding, please continue reading the rest of this ad.
Job Opportunity Details
We are looking for an experienced(2+ years preferred) litigation paralegal who can multitask and prioritize numerous tasks from intake to trial. This position requires a combination of empathy, experience, and skill.
This is a full-time position and is based in our office at 11782 Jollyville Rd in Austin, Texas. We follow safe COVID protocols in both the building and office space.
We offer 3 weeks of paid vacation and a wonderful team of people who work hard to get the job done right the first time and take pride in the work that they do. Salary is negotiable based upon experience and is subject to review after 120 days. You will be part of a team that is rewarded for their hard work.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting with client intake and processing
- Frequent client contact and correspondence
- Review and analysis of client financial statements, medical bills, and various reports
- Drafting and filing of pleadings
- Standard and nonstandard discovery responses
- Calendaring of court events, depositions, client meetings
- Trial assistance to include exhibit preparation, and witness scheduling and coordination.
- Tech Savvy- Proficient with technology and tools, including Apple iOS, Microsoft Office, Box/Dropbox, Zoom, and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Google Suite knowledge is a plus.
- Multi-Tasker- In our practice, getting it done right the first time for our clients is very important and we need everyone to work with this goal in mind. If you lose stuff, are not organized, and get easily distracted, please don’t apply.
- Emotionally Intelligent- You must have a thick skin; you need to be someone who can accept criticism and can deal well with and handle emotional clients as well as the often intense and difficult nature of family law.
- Positive- Our office does not do well with toxic or negative attitudes, whiners, or complainers, and you definitely will not fit in if you even think that you may fit into one of the above categories of negative people.
Family law is often deeply personal in nature. Clients and their families are often experiencing some level of crisis and emotional distress. You are able to deal with the people going through some of the worst times of their life with empathy, compassion, and firmness.
If you’ve gotten this far and are thinking about applying it means that you are a hard worker, ready for a challenge, and want to be part of a team where your hard work and efforts are recognized, appreciated, and rewarded.
To apply for the Litigation Paralegal position at our firm, send an e-mail with “[insert name] is your next Litigation Paralegal” in the subject line and attach the following documents in PDF format.
- Cover letter. Please send a cover letter in bullet point format that contains answers to the following:
- Why you would be a good fit for our firm.
- Beyond what’s included on your resume, tell us why you would be a good fit for this position or what you believe the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works in family law. What you bring to the table (i.e. qualities that would be of value to the firm).
- Name of one great movie you have seen in the last twelve months and why you liked it so much.
- Salary requirements.
- List of names and contact information of references.
Important – As we said, being detail-oriented is important. Please attach these documents in PDF format only and title the documents using this specific following format – [YYYY.MM.DD]-[your name]-[cover letter/resume/references]
Thank you for taking the time to read this entire ad. If you decide to apply, we look forward to meeting you. If you have made it this far and are not sure whether this is for real, we can assure you it is. We are looking for someone immediately and will start scheduling interviews in the first full week of May.
The Law Office of Jason Wright is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $41,600.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Paralegal: 1 year (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply