Job ID: 268879
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The General Production role in our Miami location isn’t just a job- it’s a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
We are currently seeking full-time General Production Laborers for our Day Shift at our Miami, FL location. This position requires that material including glass and metal be moved from one position/location to another to expedite the product throughout the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling glass and metal product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily
- Completing paperwork
- Attaching appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Performing work as assigned by supervisor
- Notifying the lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintaining a safe and clean work area
- The “team concept” instituted for plant facility production workers requires each worker to perform different functions on a rotating basis, therefore, all shop functions required by supervisors are considered essential functions of the job
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and
- procedures are essential functions of your job
- Basic computer familiarity
- Read and use a tape measure preferred
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals normally acquired through high school education or equivalency
- Comparable experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, or production facility is preferred
- Must be punctual and able to work overtime as needed, including weekends
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production as needed
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds unassisted frequently
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor for eight hours or more
- Ability to wear company-issued safety shirt, hard hat, steel-toed boots, safety glasses, and hearing protection
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Click Here To Apply