Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our brands to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for a Director, Group Management & Operations to help lead our efforts, they will manage five pillars of business operations for the People Team: Global Mobility, Operations Excellence, Finance, Policies and Project/Program Management. The role requires a combination of program and project management, change management, consulting, mentorship and coaching, execution and strategy. An ability to energize, motivate, influence and partner while challenging status quo and advocating for new ways of doing things through introducing best practices and proven strategies is critical to success in the role.
The Director will work with teams across Holland America Group, with reporting offices in Santa Clarita, CA, and Seattle, WA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. HA Group offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Director, Group Management & Operations. Is this you?
- Oversee development and implementation of projects (plans, schedule, metrics, charters, etc.) based on operational needs and business impact.
- Drive business improvements by identifying the opportunities, defining business requirements, build the business case, and design the process and technology solutions to achieve business results.
- Transform business processes, with the ability to promote and sustain continuous improvement efforts/projects and culture through engaging, influencing, inspiring, and motivating others, while holding them accountable to results.
- Identifies and helps eliminate roadblocks or barriers to Operational Excellence project efforts while promoting relationships which are consistent with identified program goals and objectives.
- Forms strong partnerships within the matrixed People Team organization to execute plans and deliver on business goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive improvements in key metrics and identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Provide coaching and mentoring on LEAN principles, concepts, behaviors and tools which enhance our culture, through the lens of DEI and culture essentials, for continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
- Identify and advise leadership of potential process re-engineering and key initiatives that result in significant improvements to performance.
- Assesses organizational performance, identifies gaps, proposes and implements right practices that support overall HA Group objectives in their respective assigned functional area.
- Develops and implements change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and industry as a whole to achieve results that are sustainable over time. Assists the business in embracing new process flows and methodologies for projects.
- Engage with global offices for continuity of operations and resource alignment.
- Engage with Global Talent Partners to ensure KPIs are being met.
- Manage vendor contracts and administration.
- Ensures that People Team Standard Operating Procedures are developed, maintained and kept up to date.
- Measure and report on key performance indicators, provide status updates regarding the results of our operational initiatives, and proactively identify any potential obstacles to our success.
- Participates in the strategic planning process, development of annual budget, monthly forecasts.
- Serves as a member of the People Team Senior Team, fully collaborating with other People Team functions and leaders and being responsible for cross functional initiatives as assigned.
- Serve as a role model for company values, foster a positive work environment by exemplifying core values every day, and values teamwork and collaboration within People Team and broader organization.
- Assist senior management in communicating the company’s culture in a consistent manner and directing it towards improved business results, considerations of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and relevant action plans are embedded in every aspect of the business and employee experience.
- Promotes an inclusive and harassment-free environment.
- Demonstrates integrity, fairness and professionalism in all business dealings.
- Oversee Global Mobility team that is responsible for:
- Bringing forward recommendations to enhance existing programs or build new programs.
- Supporting the operations’ global non-vessel assignment activity
- Engage in the oversight performance of U.S. centric compliance functions such as OFAC, work visas and related petitions, tax services and IRS reporting
- Committed to success of others as much as oneself.
- Committed to developing capacity and competence of team.
- Flexibility in roles and duties to align with dynamic business needs.
- Openness to hearing other voices and seeking to understand as much as being understood.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations or similar
- Project Management (PMP) certification required
- Change Management Certification (Prosci or other) required
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- 8+ years’ project and or program management experience, focused on operational excellence and change management with a track record of success
- Experience in dealing with heavily regulated industries/industries with specific compliance requirements
- Hospitality management
- PC, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented team environment
- Understanding of Agile Software Development methods
- Experience in learning complex compliance requirements
- Ability to coach people to successful outcomes
- Practical experience in project / program management and lean implementation
- Strong management, communication, and leadership skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to work well in a group/team setting, successfully managing ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible, adaptable, and change priorities and direction as needed, allowing for optimum effectiveness
- Strong ownership mindset and resolve to follow-through
- Ability to influence where no authority exists
- Basic understanding of DEI concepts and philosophies
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at:
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact [email protected]
Click Here To Apply