Focused Post Acute Care Partners FPACP is a dynamic company with an expectation of excellence in the delivery of long-term care to every patient every day. We are looking for a CMA to join our great team!
Accurately prepares and administers medications to residents and documents administration of medications to residents accordingly.
· Must have a current Certified Medication Aide Certification in Texas.
· Be in good standing on Nurse Aide Registry and the Misconduct Registry.
· Must have current Certified Nurse Aide certification in Texas.
· Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
· Ability to speak clearly and hear well enough to communicate with residents.
· Accurately prepare, administer and document medications as prescribed. Immediately report any errors to Charge Nurse or Director of Nursing.
· Accurately take and record vital signs.
· Accurately count and sign medication administration record for controlled drugs.
· Safely lift, move and transfer residents as required. This involves the ability to safely transfer residents who cannot bear their own weight. It also involves the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting in excess of 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations; manual dexterity required performing tasks in assisting residents with their personal needs.
· Observe all residents and report anything unusual or abnormal to Charge Nurse; ability to safely care for residents in a patient and respectful manner despite some resident’s lack of cooperation and/or combativeness.
· Follow safety guidelines; promptly remove and clean up urine or bowel excretions and other spills or safety hazards.
· Safely utilize equipment. Report any equipment needing service or repair immediately.
· Participate in emergency fire or disaster drills and other in-service training as scheduled; must be able to safely ascend and descend stairwells and assist in an evacuation,
· Follow Universal Safety Precautions in order to protect one self, residents and other staff members; must have the capability to withstand strong foul odors and the ability to tolerate wearing necessary personal protective equipment; willingness and ability to wear, tolerate and use protective clothing and equipment needed in the carrying out of duties, i.e. latex gloves.
· Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance in accordance with facility absence policies.
· Utilize electronic medical record and charting system.
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned, including some weekends, evenings and holidays; non-exempt position
At FPACP, we take pride in our culture and ROCKIN’ recognition program ROCKStar (Recognizing Outstanding Care and Kindness). This program is used across the organization for team members, residents, family members, volunteers and business partners. The gamification component is a fun and competitive way team members level up monthly, getting one step closer to attending the annual FPACP Gala. Apply to find out more and become our next ROCKStar.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Overtime pay
“To protect the health and safety of our team members and residents during the COVID19 pandemic, we have put in place a number of precautionary measures, including but not limited to virtual interviews and our team members wearing masks.”
- CNA (Required)
- CMA (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply