We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as banquet servers. You will play a key role to ensure a great guest experience. As a banquet server, you will set up banquet table linens, place settings and center pieces; serve all food and beverages and clear away all dishes and table linens in a professional manner and in compliance with company policies, and legal considerations.
- Sets up all banquet function table linens, china, silverware, glass ware, and center pieces, waiting and beverage stations, and perishable items for banquet service (such as bread, butter, and cream).
- Serves all food and beverages to banquet guests.
- Clears away all dishes and items used in the service of a banquet, including the linens.
- Ensures the proper storage of all items from equipment to perishable foods.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Prepares for future banquets by folding napkins, filling condiments, and performing other duties as required.
- Relieves other employees allowing for breaks during the shift.
- Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
- Communicate with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
It all began in 2006 with three Value Place hotels. Since then, through a series of development projects and acquisitions, we have grown to become the fourth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States. Our company, which has offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago, and Richmond, Virginia has a $3.0 billion portfolio of 99 independent and premium-branded hotels containing more than 13,000 guestrooms across 30 states and 75 cities, including two experiential hotels in New York City. We have 3,600 team members across the country and operate hotels under 19 brands, including Marriott and Hilton.
We are a recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners, and the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer. For the TWA Hotel, we won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) and the ULI New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award. MCR was also named one of Fast Company‘s Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020.
We offer many great benefits that include annual increases, paid time off, sick pay, 401K, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a referral bonus.
The Company and its corporate affiliates are Equal Opportunity employers. The Company and its affiliates do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, age, family or marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status, activity, or characteristic.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Click Here To Apply