GEA is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry and a wide range of other process industries. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute significantly to GEA’s success – come and join them! We offer interesting and challenging tasks, a positive working environment in international teams and opportunities for personal development and growth in a global company.
GEA creates state-of-the-art technology, primarily for the food and beverage processing industry. Approximately 18,000 employees in more than 50 countries contribute to GEA’s success, collaborating in global teams, and at the same time staying close to our customers at the local level. At GEA you can have the opportunity to work with great people from a variety of backgrounds, in exciting and challenging projects.
To act as a key member of project engineering teams supporting the Project Manager in the successful and timely completion of assigned projects, This position provides support to the Project Manager in maintaining or increasing profitability of contracts through efficient engineering design and execution, while simultaneously achieving customer satisfaction. This position will report to the Liquid Engineering Team Lead. Act as a Project Manager for smaller projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Responsible for completion of engineering and commissioning tasks for projects according to GEA standards, customer specifications and applicable regulations including USDA and 3A.
- Utilizes the tools and documentation defined by the GEA standards through all phases of the project.
- Performs and completes obligations according to the contract between the Company and customers.
- Creates work breakdown structure and activity lists for engineering aspects of the project.
- Informs the Project Manager of risks, participates in risk review, monitors and mitigates risks over the project lifecycle.
- Assists the Project Manager with planning the project engineering program and project resource plan.
- Coordinates with other project contributors including 3rd party suppliers, procurement, fabrication, quality control, design, automation, process engineering, project engineering, component engineering and structural engineering.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, resolves engineering design and test problems.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, manufacturability and related specifications.
- Creates component technical specifications for design department and participates in design reviews.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Prepares technical operating manual identifying and describing equipment operating characteristics.
- Specifies components and supports procurement in price negotiation.
- Stores documentation on company servers during the project and prior to project closedown.
- Creates items and enters item requirements in ERP system.
- Creates installation specifications for work to be carried out by 3rd part contractors
- Coordinates installation activities and monitors for quality control
- Creates shipping requests, compiles shipping lists and communicates requirements to the shipping department
- Gathers required information from vendors and creates O&M manuals for projects in company standard format.
- Creates spare parts list for projects and coordinates with spare parts group for pricing and submission to customer.
- Performs tasks associated with checkout, startup and commissioning of process equipment.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires a high degree of responsibility, leadership, decision-making ability and self-sufficiency. The project engineer is expected to have applicable engineering capability as well as working knowledge of project life cycle deliverables, contracts and schedule. Is required to be commercially/contractually aware and able to take responsibility for execution of the assigned scope of work within the constraints of schedule, budget and specification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Food Science, or related field with 1+ years of experience OR no degree with 5-10 years of experience.
- Previous experience in process engineering, fluid dynamics, heat transfer and / or structural engineering preferred.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawing.
- Excellent computer skills with good working knowledge of MS office software.
- Must be proficient in English and possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The incumbent shall have good interpersonal skills and work well in a team setting as well as independently.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a natural curiosity and a desire to learn and understand new situations and processes.
- Pro-activity, personal drive, decisiveness, commercial / business acumen, organizational competency, detail oriented, and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 25% of the time and may occasionally spend significant periods of time on site (may include occasional weekends where necessary).
Our benefits include Retirement Plan, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance, Disability Benefits, Flexible Spending Plans, Life Insurance, Vision Plan, paid Company Holidays, and paid Vacations.
If you have the above desired qualifications, and would like to build your career with an industry leader, please email your resume to [email protected]
We are a member of the international GEA group. For additional information about the GEA organization, please access our website www.gea.com
- GEA Process Engineering Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and Pre-employment drug screening
1600 O’Keefe Road, HUDson, WI 54016
Click Here To Apply