The Direct Support Supervisor (DSS) is the leader of, and the main resource for, assigned direct support professional staff. the DSS must always possess professionalism, demonstrate independence with problem solving, and have the ability and drive to enhance the employment experience and success of direct reports. The primary role of this position is to support, mentor, and assist the direct support staff with developing skills that enhance their employment success while working side by side with them to provide high quality support and implementation of the ISP/BSP/Treatment plan.
The DSS will report directly to the Client Services Manager and is ultimately responsible for ensuring assigned program meets funding, certification, and company standards.
- Participate in recruiting process to ensure assigned service location is staffed with qualified employees.
- Seek regular feedback from all staff and maintain an open, collaborative communication style to encourage staff to express concerns and ideas for improvement.
- Conduct service location and client specific training for all direct reports and for staff who cross train at assigned service location.
- Generate weekly work schedules that minimize the use of overtime and maximize staff utilization while ensuring all shifts are covered. Maintains and monitors accurate payroll practices reflecting accurate timekeeping.
- Ensure staff complete accurate and appropriate documentation related to all aspects of assigned service location and care provision per company policy.
- Monitor service and care provisions. Ensures accurate implementation of ISP and BSP. Reports service plan and care provision concerns to supervisor. Monitor health status and behavioral status and addresses change in condition.
- Collaborate with Behavioral Services Department to strategize on how to help direct care staff successfully implement the BSP and professionally debrief on behavioral related events. Ensure behavioral tracking data is current and accurately reflected utilizing established tracking mechanisms.
- Assess employee work performance. Provide regular and ongoing feedback to assigned direct reports and any other staff working in assigned location. Provide coaching, mentoring, corrective action.
- Providing direct care is a primary job responsibility. Perform direct care services in accordance with the DSP essential functions as documented in position description.
- Ensure community based and in-home activities are provided for and that all employees participate regularly in activities chosen by person supported.
- Initiate and maintain professional and supportive interactions and relationships with clients, families, medical professionals, and care teams at all times.
“We are an equal opportunity employer. Men, Women, Minorities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.”
Click Here To Apply