At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you’ll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a home health nurse with Amedisys, you will provide one on one skilled nursing care and treatment to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Verifies the plan of care and any verbal orders prior to each visit and provides skilled nursing care to the patient according to the physician’s orders and as directed by the Registered Nurse in accordance with care center policies.
- Performs vital signs and monitors the patient for signs and symptoms of the primary and secondary diagnosis defined by the Plan of Care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Reviews all medications for each patient each visit and performs a medication reconciliation at each visit.
- Teaches and trains patients and caregivers in learning appropriate self-care techniques with demonstrations as appropriate to ascertain response to training.
- Collaborates and exchanges patient information with the physician and the Registered Nurse as well as other appropriate staff as frequently as necessary to assure patient’s needs are being met. Notifies the physician and Registered Nurse as soon as possible when patient’s condition changes.
- Documents clinical visit notes in the home if possible or within time frame mandated by care center policy.
- Performs specialized procedures required as ordered by the physician (i.e. foley catheter change- for which competency has been deemed appropriate).
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Stays abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Participates in Patient Care Conferences as frequently as needed and according to care center policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a practical/vocational nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work.
- Minimum of one (1) year of clinical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits.
- Acute care experience as a licensed nurse with the adult population in a medical – surgical environment.
- Previous home health or hospice experience.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Click Here To Apply