Financial Management Technician
Must be willing to enlist into the US Army or Army Reserves as a Financial Management Technician for this position.
- Active Duty (Full Time)
- Army Reserve (Part Time)
- Entry Level – No experience necessary
- Eligible for up to a $40K sign on bonus for Full Time!
must be between 17- 34 years old to apply exceptions can be made for 35-39 years old on case by case basis
The finance management technician is responsible for financial management duties such as budgeting, disbursing and accounting for government funds. They make sure vendors are paid, budgets are balanced and financial matters are met so the Army keeps running.
- Receive and post documents to accounting/budget systems
- Process treasury checks for payment and pay for invoices
- Maintain files and prepare financial reports/travel vouchers
- Review contracts, invoices and receive reports
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a financial management technician requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction for accounting techniques.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Accounting principles and procedures
- Maintenance of financial reports and budgets
- Analyzing financial data
- Computation of pay and deductions
- Interest in mathematics, statistics and accounting
- Ability to work with numbers
- Capable of using computers and other office machines
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Clerical (CL): 101
Learn more about the ASVABand see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
EARN CASH FOR IN DEMAND JOBS
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demandto see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in any field you choose, especially as a bookkeeper or an accountant.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Click Here To Apply