Essen Health Care is currently seeking a VP – Chief Compliance Officer.
The Vice President Chief Compliance Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be accountable to the Board level Audit & Compliance Committee that has oversight responsibility for the Essen Business Ethics, Compliance and Privacy Programs.
The VP – Chief Compliance Officer will be responsible for enterprise wide and entity level annual compliance work plans, performance dashboards, reports to management, oversight of compliance department budget and personnel including entity compliance officers, but not limited to the following:
- Creation and revision of compliance program policies in accordance with the seven recognized elements of an effective compliance program.
- Evaluation of periodic risk assessments to identify high risk areas
- Formulation of annual entity level compliance work plan focused on continuous improvement of processes in identified risk areas
- Provide input, review and approve entity level annual compliance work plans
- Formulate quarterly entity level dashboards to monitor performance in identified components of the compliance program (which may change from year-to-year)
- Carry out Annual Conflicts of Interest Disclosure questionnaire process
- Lead quarterly Compliance meetings and agenda.
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the Essen Ethics and Compliance Program and the Privacy Program throughout the organization including policies, education, monitoring processes, performance dashboards, audits, investigations and corrective actions, as warranted. Periodically assess the effectiveness of these programs and related activities.
- Develop and deploy a multi-faceted educational program that focuses on the elements of the Ethics and Compliance Program for new and existing workforce members including independent contractors.
- Develop and deploy education focused on identified business processes to mitigate the risk of noncompliance in areas vulnerable to error or noncompliance such as billing, coding, Stark laws, fraud & abuse laws, false claims or other identified risk areas
- Develop and deploy effective communication throughout Essen to maintain high employee awareness of the Ethics and Compliance Program including how to raise and address concerns
- Develop approaches and programs to encourage managers and employees to report suspected violations of laws, regulations or policies without fear of retaliation
- Attend Board Meetings at least once a year to maintain communication and updates for Essen Board
- Participate in workgroups and other forums appropriate to facilitate communication and awareness of the Ethics and Compliance Program
- Establish training programs that: (1) convey Code of Ethics, the Compliance Program and the Privacy Program (2) periodically refresh employee’s knowledge of the Code and the Programs, and (3) focus on compliance and privacy risks related to specific functional areas and/or specific populations
- Creation of the Compliance Hotline
- Oversee and carryout independent investigation on matters related to compliance and/or response to reports of possible compliance issues. See that matters are resolved, and corrective action taken as warranted.
- Coordinate with Chief Legal Officer on any review or investigation that is non-routine and/or appears to create risk for Essen.
- See that corrective action is taken in response to substantiated reports of violations or errors
- Participate in evaluation of internal controls to see that processes are in place capable of detecting significant instances or patterns of unethical conduct by employees, agents or contractors.
- Maintain incident tracking system and prepare reports for management and Essen Board.
- Ensure that any matter requiring external reporting or disclosure, such as to a regulatory or enforcement agency, is coordinated with legal counsel and reported within requirements
- Conduct or authorize an independent investigation of any matter which, in the judgment of the Chief Compliance Officer cannot be adequately investigated.
- Refer any matter requiring investigation or follow-up to the appropriate entity (HR, Legal, internal audit, security, or other applicable department for review and investigation, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university with consistent outstanding academic record required
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in a multi-entity outpatient healthcare company including both facility and physician providers with focus on health care compliance including Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement regulations, Stark law requirements and fraud and abuse laws.
- CHC – Certified in Healthcare Compliance preferred
- Technical skills in healthcare regulatory compliance, Medicare, Medicaid reimbursement, Start, HIPAA privacy laws, Fraud & Abuse and False Claims laws
- Understanding of electronic health record compliance risks.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills, ability to lead across entity lines, project management skills, ability to multi-task responding to a myriad of requests/projects, critical thinking, seasoned judgment, problem solving, skilled handling of difficult situations, ability to take unpopular stand, if warranted, highest integrity and respect.
- Ability to work professionally with outside agencies.
- Displays innovative thinking with vision. Displays excellent conceptual and planning skills appropriate to a position with responsibility for the total continuum of health care delivery services.
- Displays innovative thinking with vision. Displays excellent conceptual and planning skills appropriate to a position with responsibility for highly reliable health care delivery services.
- Possesses a balanced understanding of clinical, business, and management requirements for various types of health care services, including knowledge of integrated delivery systems.
- Demonstrates superb interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engender confidence and trust.
- Builds credibility and drives outcomes at the highest level; can operate effectively within a complex and diverse organization.
- Demonstrates proven ability to lead organizations in the development and implementation of large-scale change efforts through influence – creating broad organizational buy-in, excitement and commitment.
Essen Health Care is a growing community healthcare network provides high quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a ‘population health’ model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering services in primary & specialty offices, urgent care centers, and nursing homes, as well as house calls for home bound patients; all clinical services are also offered via telehealth. Our Care Management division supports patient-centered care through care coordination, complex care management and helping address health-related social needs.
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
ESSEN HEALTH CARE IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
Click Here To Apply