Do you want to be an agent of social change?
Would you like to help others become valued members of their community?
Do you enjoy outreach and making connections in the community?
If so…keep reading, we may have the perfect job for you!
Living Unlimited, Inc. is a community-based program providing 1:1 service to individuals with disabilities that will allow them to function and flourish in their work, home and community environments. We are seeking a Rehabilitation Specialist who will teach, coach, support and encourage our individuals in developing meaningful life choices and meeting their goals, whether in the vocational realm or maximizing independence in their home or community. We are looking to hire an exceptional staff to join our collaborative team of professionals. While we offer home office locations in Harrisburg, Williamsport and Scranton, most days are spent out in the field with clients in the surrounding areas with only occasional commutes to your home office site!
This position is a salary exempt full time position. A typical work day is performed Monday thru Friday 8 am – 5 pm. Some responsibilities, outlined below, may take place during the evening, weekend or holidays.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain productive and trusting relationships with each individual who receives services; ensuring that services are provided in a manner that is conducive to growth and skill development
- Ensure clients’ health, safety, dignity, and individual rights at all times while enhancing the quality of the individuals’ everyday life.
- Develop and build relationships with employers in the community for job placement and short-term vocational assessment opportunities
- Assist individuals with job development and job placement
- Provide on and off-site job coaching support to individuals
- Provides independent living skills training and/or training to develop community integration skills. Some activities may include assisting individuals toward goals such as social interaction, time management, accessing the community and demonstrating appropriate behavior
- Utilize local community resources in order to promote community integration, independence, and interdependence
- Travel to individuals’ home &/or community to provide service provisions. Provide transportation for the person to local community outings, resources or appointments as needed.
- Assist in ensuring the achievement of overall service objectives and outcomes
- Evaluate and document client performance on goal areas and submits reports such as progress notes, monthly summaries and work assessments.
- Complete administrative paperwork including daily record of activities, weekly schedule, mileage reimbursement, monthly plan and responding to emails on a timely basis.
What we’re looking for –At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Associate’s Degree with applicable job-related experience preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and daily access to a properly insured vehicle
- Basic English skills, able to read, interpret and apply written information such as policies, procedures, individual plans, and the ability to complete required documentation;
- Good overall computer skills
- Successful completion of company paid ACRE certification within specified timeframes once hired
- Successful completion of the pre-employment process, including motor vehicle record and criminal background checks
- Flexibility with shifts that may include holidays, evenings and/or weekend hours as business needs dictate.
- Must be professional in appearance, communications and actions.
- Ability to stay organized and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, clients, families, funders and employers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening and observation skills
- Teaching and modeling skills
- Demonstrated success in forming effective working relationships with others
- Ability to problem solve, be self-directed and ask questions!
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
- Generous mileage reimbursement
- Generous paid time off program including 4 weeks PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays including a Personal Holiday (hires before 7/1) per year
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Salaried employee with same pay rate for training, direct care, travel and administrative work
- Shift differential for client services provided before 8am or after 5pm M-F and on weekends/holidays worked
- Compensatory time policy
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for varying periods of time
- Ability to perform routine daily tasks, including some lifting up to 15 pounds
- Ability to drive
- Ability to withstand changing temperatures and environmental conditions in and out doors
- Varied physical capabilities based on jobs obtained for clients
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,568.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Employees and clientele must adhere to Living Unlimited Safety Policy including mandatory mask wearing.
- This position requires you to have a fully insured vehicle and access to a cellphone. Do you have both a vehicle and a cell phone?
- Although mainly M-F, shifts can vary throughout the week and may include up to 3 weekend days per month. Does this work for you?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply