The Neil Jones Food Company is looking for a Manufacturing Specialist at our Northwest Packing facility in Vancouver, WA. The Neil Jones Food Company processes superior quality, fresh packed, vine-ripened California tomatoes and Pacific Northwest fruit. With headquarters in Vancouver, Washington, NJFC has been providing our nation’s discerning foodservice, retail, industrial and institutional customers the finest quality canned and pouched products for over 35 years. NJFC operates three production facilities: Northwest Packing in Vancouver, WA.; San Benito Foods, in Hollister, CA; and Toma-Tek in Firebaugh, CA.
Summary: Performs operational activities to record materials consumption timely and accurately in PeopleSoft (P/S) to ensure proper costing and accurate inventories. Performs Production ID Number (PID) consumption of materials, allocates materials to PIDs, closes PIDs; produces and reviews variance reports for management use. Facilitates accounts payable and receivable transactions.
- Reconciles consumption of production materials (ingredients, film, fiber, and others) in ERP system (PeopleSoft) in a timely manner.
- Performs Production ID Number (PID) processes, including consumption of materials, allocation to PIDs, closing PIDs.
- Produces and reviews variance reports; performs reporting functions and follow-up with manufacturing operations; researches discrepancies from material in stock as needed.
- Requests cycle counts as required to maintain inventory adjustments up-to-date.
- Reviews stock inventories to determine unused items and recommends items for return, credit or disposal.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or, an equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties of the job.
- Two years’ experience in materials consumption and management in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in food manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word; able to use PeopleSoft software for recording financial transactions, materials consumption, and reporting.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision coverage
- 401(k) match with Traditional & Roth options available
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Numerous other voluntary products available
- Convenient location, 2 miles west of downtown Vancouver
- Free parking.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, military or veteran status, and other protected status under applicable law.
Click Here To Apply