Hudson Plating Works, established in 1955 serves the military, aeronautical, and aerospace industries with the highest standards of quality, customer service, and delivery. The combination of hands-on craftsmanship, high level quality, and superlative service is why Hudson Plating Works excels in the metal finishing industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Wet Chemistry Technician to support the plating processes. This position requires a candidate who is comfortable in a small, industrial environment. The individual must be a self-starter and able to cross-train for multiple roles within our busy operation.
- Follow established SOP’s
- Prepare and test samples, and collect information about the composition of substances to support analytical testing needs
- Prepare necessary standards, solutions, reagents, media, and samples for analyses
- Utilize specialized laboratory equipment and instrumentation to prepare and analyze samples
- Perform equipment and instrumentation set up
- Calibrate instrumentation and equipment as required
- Accurately record observations, data and basic interpretation of data
- Maintain the integrity of procedures and record professional activity for management review
- Monitor and address sample backlog issues
- Maintain accurate, up to date logs, notebooks and equipment records
- Perform necessary laboratory administrative functions such as entering data into database, review of data, hardcopy filing.
- Comply with and promote Safety and Quality programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry or related science field
- Technical skills handling and calibrating laboratory equipment
- ICP and Multi-titrator experience a plus
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds
- Must be a U.S. Person
Hudson Plating Works is family-type work culture where your contributions will be valued and will make a difference. We offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental and 401(k).
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $31.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply