- This position will manage the Surgical Intermediate Care Unit at Mount Carmel Grove City.
- Qualified candidates are welcome to send a resume to Laura Mangia, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at [email protected]
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we’ve been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation’s largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities’ at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation’s 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you’ll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
Our Nurse Managers serve as the unit level manager to plan, organize, staff, direct and ensure collaborative multidisciplinary patient care delivery. The Nurse Manager provides coaching, direction, and supervision of the unit/area and all staff members.
What you will do:
- Direct the planning and implementation of department education/training which promotes professional competence and personal growth and ensures optimal patient care.
- Ensure financial performance and profitability through the development and monitoring of the operating and capital budgets for designated area/unit.
- Direct all quality monitoring for designated area, focusing on optimal patient outcomes, regulatory compliance, risk management, and continuous quality and process improvement program for unit services.
- Develop departmental standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols. Maintains awareness of department/service area operations and potential for problems through regular rounds and interaction with physicians and staff.
- Collaborate with all disciplines on the healthcare team and within the Organization to establish goals and meet objectives.
- Model and promote professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
What we are looking for:
- Graduate from school of nursing; Bachelor of Science in nursing required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Minimum of two year’s recent and relevant clinical experience
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to assess, develop and mentor a patient care team
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health’s dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Click Here To Apply