Join the Premier Senior Living Community in the Fox Valley!
Brewster Village is looking for dedicated and compassionate caregivers who want to work in a team-based environment, where Person Directed Living is our top priority.
Reporting to the Neighborhood Coordinator/Nurse Specialist, the Wellness Nurse- RN functions as an integral member of the household wellness team. They plan and support person-directed living according to physician orders, nursing orders, care plans and villager choice. Their focus is both on the medical and social needs of each villager maximizing quality of life.
The following duties are most critical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides person-directed care through planning, administering, and reviewing villager care via care plans, physician orders, nursing orders and villager choice.
- Assesses villager’s medical and social needs, organizes notes, gathers documents, and assists MD during acute care rounds.
- Reports and documents change of condition according to policy.
- Reports infections to Infection Control/Skin Care Coordinator, and sets up precautions as needed.
- Performs specific supervisory functions of the Neighborhood Coordinator and Nurse Specialist as delegated. Supervises, directs and evaluates the performance of the Nursing Assistants.
- Educates nursing team members and household team members as appropriate, regarding the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Attends nurse meetings and neighborhood/ household meetings (i.e., household council meetings, community circles, huddles) and care conferences.
- Ensures that all households participate in Quality Improvement and that appropriate follow up is taken to assure quality outcomes, performs professional audits and observations to confirm the competency of all household team members. Participates on quality assurance/performance improvement committees as delegated.
- Promotes empowerment of the team in providing person-directed living by providing leadership and vision to the household and serving as a role model. Participates in team problem solving, monitors team members performance and provides feedback through coaching and counseling.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and functional environment by assessing the household for potential hazards, implements practices utilizing appropriate techniques regarding sanitation, infection control, fire safety, disaster preparedness and emergency care, investigates and reports all incidents and accidents, and observes the team for safe work habits.
- Degree in Nursing.
- Current State of WI Nursing License.
- Must maintain current certification in adult CPR.
Required or Preferred Skills
- Ability to make use of common medical and nursing equipment.
- Ability to assign, supervise, and review the work of others.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret a variety of documents including medical reports and charts, x- rays, lab reports, policy and procedure manuals, medical references, etc.
- Ability to prepare a variety of documents including lab sheets, chart reviews, incident reports, care plans, etc.
- Ability to use and interpret medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, team members, pharmacy, villagers and their families/legal representatives, and others verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to assure that federal, state and local laws as well as accepted professional standards and principles of professional organization, boards and councils are followed.
- Ability to see person-directed living as an important component in providing villagers with a sense of health and well being.
- Ability to understand the importance of modeling positive attitudes and behaviors.
It is required that any applicant and/or employee inform the facility immediately if their license is has been revoked, suspended and/or under investigation.
OUTAGAMIE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, THE COUNTY WILL PROVIDE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND ENCOURAGES BOTH PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES AND INCUMBENTS TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL ACCOMMODATIONS WITH THE EMPLOYER.
Click Here To Apply