Regional Grain Merchandiser
Reports to: Director of Grain Origination & Risk
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Matching Dollars
- Pension, Profit-Sharing and 401K Match
- Military Paid Leave—Up To 10 Working Days
- Company Paid Life Insurance/AD&D
- Company Paid Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Farm Bureau Membership
- Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years’ experience in Agriculture Industry
- High energy-motivated individual with excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Customer Care-Must be able to deal with the public. Respond promptly to customer needs and meet all commitment deadlines. Must be able to establish strong customer relationships.
- Teamwork-Contributes to building a positive team spirit by working to build morale and achieve group goals and objectives. Must be able to coach others.
- Accountability-Takes responsibility for own actions and assigned duties.
- Judgement-Display willingness to make decisions and demonstrate sound and accurate judgement. Able to explain and provide reasoning for decisions.
- Safety-Observes safety and all security procedures (Both Data and Facility) and take appropriate actions above and beyond guidelines. Promptly reports any potential unsafe conditions and any security concerns.
- Dependability-Follows instruction and responds to management direction. Consistently at work on time.
- Professionalism-Treats others with respect and consideration. always Represents Heritage Cooperative in a professional manner.
- Obtain Series 3 and Series 30 Licensing for FCC Futures Business
Valid Driver’s License
- Acceptable driving record, able to be insurable through company vehicle insurance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Serve as a positive representation of Heritage Cooperative’s Core Values
- Provide Superior Customer Service
- Highest Standards of Integrity and Trust
- Continuous Improvement
- Being a Good Partner
- Abide by all safety regulations to ensure safety of oneself, coworkers and customers
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS CONTINUED….
- Work with branch managers in the region to identify key customer accounts and prospective accounts.
- Make on farm calls to work with producers in the region to develop customized marketing plans using all Heritage contracting options.
- Make visits and calls to regional branch management/grain buyers to determine customer needs.
- Interpret market information and intelligence.
- Negotiate contracts with customers.
- Plan/Coordinate off farm trucking as needed.
- Plan/Coordinate marketing meetings to provide customers and prospective customers the opportunity to enhance understanding of current market conditions and market intelligence.
- Provide coaching to other grain origination personnel/branch managers within the region.
- Investigate and follow-up on all customer complaints in a timely and cordial manner.
- Report all grain purchases to Cooperate hedger in a timely manner.
- Assist Regional Grain Manager to develop annual budget of income and expense for elevators in Region.
- Keep current on competitor grain programs and pricing and share with Grain Division Merchandiser.
- Assist with rail, truck and container logistics as directed by Region Grain Manager.
- Cooperate with Grain Division senior staff to establish marketing solutions, programs and policies that will enhance the image of Heritage Cooperative.
- Promote employee safety.
- Obtain understanding of corporate hedging and grain position management.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- Occasionally required to stand and/or walk
- Occasionally required to lift heavy objects no more than 50 pounds
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- Willingness to work various weather elements including cold, heat, wind, rain, etc.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving and mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes and other airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can vary from moderate to loud.
The job description is not intended to cover or describe all tasks, duties and responsibilities the employee may be required to be asked to perform. Heritage Cooperative retains the right to change or add new tasks, duties and responsibilities at any time, with or without notice to the employee.
Evidence of work authorization upon employment is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Completion of USCIS form I-9 will be required in order to verify employment eligibility within 3 business days of the first day of employment.
Heritage Cooperative provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Heritage Cooperative complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Heritage Cooperative expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Heritage Cooperative’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination.
Click Here To Apply