Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is seeking an Environmental Project Manager in our Hartford, CT and Boston, MA office locations. This position is structured for someone with technical experience and expertise and will combine technical, financial, and interpersonal management skills while working with a team of engineers, geologists, health and safety specialists, and subcontractors.
This safety-sensitive position reports to a Senior Project Manager and will lead project teams on a variety of assignments including: work plan/proposal preparation, risk based corrective action report writing and review, regulatory interaction, SPCC & SWPPP preparation, design and implementing corrective action, soil and groundwater subsurface site assessments, UST removal, excavation oversight, health and safety oversight and Phase I/II/III Environmental Site Assessments.
This is a full-time role with up to 30 % travel required.
Antea®Group focuses strongly upon safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate an awareness of safe operations.
Education and Training
- A minimum requirement of a degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science, or related scientific field
- 5 years of environmental consulting experience
- Professional certification in a related field (PE, PG, LEP, LSP, CHMM) a plus
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is required
- Proven track record of strong project management performance in environmental consulting or related field
- Staff direct report experience including all facets of team building, HR management, performance evaluations, and junior staff mentoring/training
- Experience in environmental remediation, compliance, and due diligence
- Experience in petroleum terminal and pipelines, railroad, and UST projects, including up to date investigation and remediation technical approaches
- Experience in pushing projects through regulatory programs and negotiating closure with regulators
- Multi-state regulatory experience with skills advancing projects from new release through final regulatory closure, including use of applicable risk-based closure standards
- Sub-contractor coordination including bid spec development, contracting and insurance/safety review, project award and field supervision;
Fundamental Skill Set
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, especially writing skills
- High energy and self-initiative
- Decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task with multiple project managers
- Ability to work independently and produce results
- Proactive thinking
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, particularly proficient in technical writing
- Ability to delegate to and mentor staff resources
- Ability to identify staffing needs evaluating portfolio level scope/schedule backlog
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical exam, drug-screen and have a valid driver’s license and possess a safe driving record.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment – Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
Additionally, if you are assigned work in the field at client project sites you will need to complete a medical surveillance/fitness-for-duty examination and maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Medium to heavy work
- Subject to outside environmental conditions: heat/cold, wind, wet and/or humid, etc.
- Occasional stooping (bending body downward and forward), kneeling (bending legs at knee), crouching (bending body downward and forward) and climbing
- Frequent lifting (including push/pull, hold/carry) of light, moderate and possibly heavy weight objects
- Subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, including but not limited to: proximity to moving vehicles, parts or equipment; exposure to chemicals; pressure (including noise); electrical hazards; biological hazards; excavation/trenching; confined spaces; elevated work; materials handling
- May be required to wear an air purifying respirator
Antea®Group offers excellent benefits including paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected categories
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME
Click Here To Apply