Welch Packaging, an industry leader with multiple locations throughout the Midwest, is sourcing qualified candidates for a Production Supervisor opportunity at our facility in Aurora, Il This is an excellent opportunity to join a growth-oriented organization where you’ll work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Accountable for maintaining a culture of safety, without exception, with machine crews
- Enforce housekeeping guidelines and audit cleaning checklists
- Understand, provide feedback and enforce corrective actions on quality concerns or customer complaints to crews; ensure proper understanding and execution of QUIP process
- Manage machine center teams to obtain maximum productivity and efficiency (exceed goals) daily
- Execute daily production lineup / schedule with machine center crews; ensure crews are informed of production / lineup schedule changes and staffed accordingly, provide feedback regarding bottlenecks to your supervisor.
- Manage employee schedules to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
- Provides coaching and counseling feedback to production team.
- Follow the Welch communication system. Know who you report to and who reports to you.
- Execute differentiation process; evaluate each associates’ performance using available data (productivity, quality, safety, attendance, etc.) and ‘soft skill’ evaluation (attitude, initiative, flexibility, creativity, etc.)
- Associate Development; consider company needs and using the differentiation process, partners with plant leadership and HR to develop training plans for associates. Set goals and time limits for the plan and monitor progress.
- Understand and utilize the progressive discipline process to support production focus on Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
1. Functioning user of Amtech operating system.
2. Ability to use Excel, Power Point and email communication.
3. Needs to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and via email.
4. Ability to navigate and edit attendance and time software
5. Working knowledge of all machine centers – corrugated industry experience preferred.
Join Welch Packaging today! Welch Packaging was founded upon the principle that making a difference was what mattered most. With a clear vision to provide the highest quality corrugated packaging experience. Today, with 12 regional locations, 5 distribution centers and over 1000 employees, Welch Packaging remains dedicated to servicing the needs of local customers with custom cardboard boxes, creative packaging solutions, and a commitment to long-term relationships. Welch Packaging has never wavered from the core values upon which it was founded. Welch Packaging strives to make a difference in customers’ business, associates’ lives, and every community affected by its work. We believe associate training and development is the foundation of our success. Welch Packaging has constant history of growth since it began in 1985. Change is welcomed and encouraged for career growth with compensation for performance.
In addition to a competitive wage we offer competitive benefits package that includes a 50% match 401K up to 8% of your contributions, wellness incentives, contributions to your health savings account up to $700, 100% coverage on preventative care benefits including prescription medicines, medical, dental, vision, life and supplement life insurances.
Apply today if you are interested in working in a dynamic, growing company and looking for a chance to become part of an exceptional team of professionals.
Click Here To Apply