Baptist Health is the largest healthcare system serving central Alabama, providing comprehensive hospital-based and outpatient services to nearly 60 percent of the residents in Montgomery, Autauga and Elmore counties.
To learn more about Baptist Health, visit us at https://www.baptistfirst.org.
Serve as a supportive member of the patient care team who assist in routine and non complex aspects of patient care and other duties to support the operations of the unit. The PCT assists RNs, LPNs and physicians in the patient care process. The PCT II has completed the Independent phase or the career ladder process. The PCT III has completed the Advance phase of the career ladder process.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Graduate from a certified Nursing Assistant Program or a Health Occupations Program (HOSA) or completion of first clinical rotation as a Nurse Student (i.e. completion of “Nursing Fundamentals” course which includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living, vitals signs etc.) or one (1) year of experience in a patient care role in an acute care, nursing home or home care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of body mechanics and basic safety, principles of physical care and comfort.
- Medical terminology training preferred.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- CPR certification.
Primary Location: Baptist Medical Center South
Work Locations: Baptist Medical Center South 2105 E South Blvd ZIP Code 36116 Montgomery
Job: Patient Care Technician
Organization: Baptist Health
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 04/16/2021, 3:09:56 PM
Click Here To Apply