Location: Fairport, NY, US, 14450
Requisition Number: 46307
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Job Title: Coating Utility (Operations Associate)
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Performs operations in compliance with work instructions and process sheets.
- Perform inspection by reading and interpret drawings, blueprints according to specifications.
- Completes production logistics by moving / transacting materials and information through the production system.
- Monitors process and records data.
- Performs quality tests, measurements, and inspections.
- Prepares material. with plant systems (e.g. document control, manufacturing execution system).
- Responsible for housekeeping and autonomous maintenance.
- Communicates effectively and updates/maintains records when required.
- Actively engages with continuous improvement and cost reduction programs.
- Cleanroom environment prevalent.
- Have strong analytical capabilities.
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Computer skills and ability to operate electronic
- 2 years’ experience desired
Hours of Work:
- First shift for training, typically 4-6 months (6am-2:30pm).
- After training is complete, candidate will move to second shift (12pm-8:30pm).
- Steel toe shoes, safety glasses (non-prescription provided), clean room gown (provided).
This position does not include immigration sponshorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.?
Click Here To Apply