WE are looking for a hard-working entry-level outside sales representative. The job is to find business, assess opportunities, create and present proposals, close deals and then set our installation teams up for success in delivering the work you’ve sold. Immediate start is available.
You will be energetic, friendly, and a great communicator both in writing and in person, and have a professional, customer-focused demeanor. You have a curious mind, like asking questions, identifying problems, and then collaboratively developing solutions. You will be interested in technology and comfortable in talking about technical details with a focus on hardware while being comfortable with software too. You will be very comfortable using a computer and a variety of computer programs, mobile apps, and cloud-based tools while in a car, inside a noisy commercial building, or on your mobile phone. Being a quick learner and comfortable being coached is a must because we will educate you on how to be a good salesperson. No sales experience is required.
You will need to have substantial grit. You must be comfortable getting your hands dirty – this is not a desk job a lot of the time. You will assess, disassemble, and reassemble all kinds of equipment to see what is going on inside. If you are the person who is game to open that flickering overhead light fixture and deal with 10 years of dead bugs and dust to see what the problem is, this job is for you. If you are comfortable using hand tools, this job is for you. You will have to be comfortable with some amount of discomfort and tedium, as in when you’re on your knees removing 20 one-gallon milk jugs from a refrigerated supermarket case so you can open up the panel under the milk to see what kind of fan motor is there, and take a picture of it—and then do that 20 more times in the same store before moving on to the next site of the day and doing it all again. And again. And again.
The right candidate will also have a good spatial sense for drawing maps of the interior of buildings to show what’s where. You will have a keen eye for detail and be good at capturing details and recording those in computerized survey tools, and on paper. Solid arithmetic skills are a must, and you’ve got to be comfortable with MS Word, Excel, and email programs. You will need good time management and prioritization skills to keep you focused and productive.
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we’re dedicated to offering generous opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Avail Services. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation’s energy infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today.
- Surveys customer sites to collect information.
- Develops leads
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, ensuring their continued satisfaction with Avail products and services
- Continually enhances sales skills and product knowledge to promote a professional image in the field
- Works with team members to ensure great customer service from the order to the delivery and beyond
- Meets or exceeds all sales targets, quotas, and objectives in revenue, product, and customer terms
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Rapidly assimilates product knowledge
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying prospects
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of opportunity
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature
- Executes firm defined sales processes and approaches
- Keeps management informed by utilizing firm CRM and other systems and inputting quality data in a timely way, and by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory and customer analyses
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales
- Practices good data hygiene.
- Executes other duties as assigned
Sales Representative Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent listener
- Hard worker
- Asks questions to determine intention and meaning. Questions own and others’ assumptions
- Creative, curious, agile-minded. Identifies new ways of approaching customers on a regular basis
- Learns and assimilates rapidly
- Able to identify problems and obstacles and co-create solutions in real-time
- Proactive and self-directed
- Ability to lead prospects, process, and peers through the complex sales process
- Strong presence, influential, polished professional presentation
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing communication skills
- Emotionally intelligent
- Service-minded with external and internal business partners
- Wants to learn to be a great salesperson
- Knowledge of energy-efficient (EE) lighting, refrigeration, HVAC or other EE products and services, or knowledge of solar, electric vehicles, batteries/storage, and/or other energy products and services
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
A successful Outside Sales Rep will possess the following:
- Travel as required to perform duties and responsibilities – the job is Sacramento-based, but we do projects up and down the west coast
- Work long hours in challenging conditions
- Spends 75% or more of time in field surveying and selling work
- Aptitude with office software and CRM systems, or demonstrated capability to operate or learn similar systems
- Pass criminal background, DOT, and drug screens
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments in all weather conditions and in all positions, navigate up and down ladders, in and out of vehicles and equipment, and be able to lift 50 pounds over your head.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Avail Services is dedicated to providing a competitive salaried base plus commission compensation package with an expense account, and attractive benefits programs for our associates geared toward wellness and retirement savings, Avail offers a competitive package including medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), community involvement opportunities on top of a fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply