Job no: 500256
Work type: Administrative & Professional
Location: Main Campus (Orlando)
Categories: Student Development/Enrollment Services
Student Care Coordinator
The Student Care Coordinator is charged with addressing needs of students having problems in areas such as academics, mental, psychological, economic, disciplinary, family relationships & social adjustments through a variety of interventions, referrals & follow-up services.
This position will act in the role of liaison with Housing & Residence Life to provide additional care and support to students living in on campus housing or identifying as FTIC students.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Non-Clinical Case Management Focus on support for residential students impacted by academic, personal or financial circumstances by maintaining a caseload for approximately 400 students per academic year referral to Student Care Services for case management.
- Serve as the primary point person for Housing and Residence Life staff when they have questions or need assistance with Student Care Services related functions. Provide ongoing training to Housing and Residence Life professional and student staff on student of concern issues.
- Coordinate case management for students self-referred for academic or mental health concerns.
- Complete Care Calls for medical or emergency transports for students transported from university housing facilities.
- Act as community liaison by building consistent and relevant off-campus partnerships to assist students with social services needed
- Provide ongoing training to Housing and Residence Life professional and student staff on student of concern issues.
- Coordinate UCF Cares initiative program, highlighting areas of mental health support, violence prevention, and safety and well-being.
- Coordinate annual UCF Cares events calendar, all UCF Cares outreach tabling events, activities, and co-sponsored events. Oversee marketing materials, training materials, and social media accounts for UCF Cares.
- Provide ongoing UCF Cares training and education for faculty/staff. Coordinate student UCF Cares programming in conjunction with UCF Cares campus partners. Maintain partnerships with campus partners who provide risk reduction programming.
SDES – Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Type of Appointment:
$42,367 – Negotiable
Bachelor’s and 2+ years of relevant experience or Masters degree and 0+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in higher education case management, background in higher education, student affairs, or counseling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, critical-thinking skills, use of sound judgement.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail. Skills relevant to establishing and maintaining successful partnerships with students and student organizations, parents, faculty/staff, administration, members of the community and other stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret data, distinguish nuances, and evaluate multiple courses of action.
- Ability to take initiative, balance multiple projects, set priorities and work autonomously yet also as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative Experience working in an urban education environment.
- Experience screening calls and working with students.
Additional Application Materials Requirements:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
Advertised: April 16, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: April 22, 2021 11:55PM Eastern Daylight Time
Click Here To Apply