CENTRAL CITY INTEGRATED HEALTH
JOB TITLE: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
ON-SITE SERVICE: Federally Qualified Health Center
REPORTS TO: Chief Psychiatrist
STATUS: Non-Exempt Union
Central City Integrated Health is committed to enabling every patient in our community to thrive by building a collaborative multidisciplinary healthcare team. A Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) is an advanced practice registered nurse that is highly trained in a range of mental health conditions and who is licensed to diagnose, and prescribe medications to treat acute, episodic, and chronic illnesses while focusing on health promotion and maintenance. The APN works collectively with a care team, and must treat within the scope of practice for the State of Michigan. He/She must demonstrate the following personal and physical qualifications, which are essential functions of the position:
1. Ensures all actions, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner.
2. Performs comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and medication reviews based on licensure and board- certified competencies.
3. Analyzes and interprets patient histories, symptoms, physical findings, and/or diagnostic information to assign appropriate diagnoses; consults with primary care provider(s) as needed.
4. Evaluates patient need for psychotropic medications and prescribes as indicated; provides medication reviews in order to monitor effectiveness of medication(s), compliance and identify any potential side effects that need intervention.
5. Counsels patients about drug regiments and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as over- the -counter and herbal remedies and illicit drugs; provides verbal and written information to all patients for all prescribed medications.
6. Detects and responds to adverse drug reactions with special attention to vulnerable populations.
7. Conducts Abnormal Involuntary Movement Scale (AIMS) tests on patients at least quarterly.
8. Systematically reviews and authorizes, by electronic signature, patient Individual Plan of Service (IPOS) and need for continuing treatment quarterly or more frequently, if indicated.
9. Manages patient mental health through both acute and chronic episodes; recommends referrals for specialized medical services from community providers as appropriate and provides documentation to justify and assist in facilitating the referral.
10. Evaluates patients in need of psychiatric hospitalization and alternative treatment orders; assists with inpatient referrals as necessary, and consults with clinical and hospital staff regarding treatment needs and aftercare plans.
11. Effectively communicates with other health care providers or community resources to provide comprehensive, all-encompassing care.
12. Collaborates with treatment staff in the treatment planning processes, progress reviews, transfers and discharges.
13. Educates patients about self-management of diagnosed mental illnesses.
14. Orders, performs, and interprets the results of labs/diagnostic tests as appropriate for patient diagnosis and prescribed medication regimens.
15. Recommends interventions to modify behaviors associated with health risks.
16. Provides quality care to patients by following the most current evidence-based guidelines and procedures of practice.
17. Maintains compliance with productivity requirements ensuring timely completion of documentation (within
24 hours of the kept appointment) and thorough and accurate coding of patient visits.
18. Participates in a multidisciplinary care team and identifies problems and provides feedback to team members regarding a solution; contributes to the integration of services including primary care, behavior health, dental services and supportive housing; serves as a resource to other providers and staff.
19. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately, creating a working climate that provides growth and job satisfaction.
20. Demonstrates compliance with all policies, procedures and state/federal regulations; participates in the development of agency policies and programs to assure FQHC, NCQA, and other regulatory standards.
21. Ensures continuous flow of communication with the leadership team to enhance the quality of healthcare service to our patients.
22. Takes part in performance improvement activities such as team huddles, quality assurance audits, continuing education, Patient Centered Medical Home processes, medication administration reviews, and peer reviews.
23. Participates in meetings/conferences and continuing education and demonstrates a genuine desire to develop strategies for improved clinic operations and high level patient care.
24. Ensures state licensure and national certification remain current and valid.
25. Maintains economical and efficient patient care in a clean and safe environment.
26. Assures patients’ rights are being maintained at all times.
27. All other duties as assigned.
Must possess a Bachelor’s of Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
Must possess a Master’s of Science; Nursing, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Must have a valid State of Michigan License as a Registered Nurse
Must be certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and be eligible for appropriate credentialing
Minimum of 2 years Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner experience; preferably in a Community Mental Health or
Must meet all Continuing Education requirements
Must be able to work cooperatively with staff and others involved in the delivery of service to patients
Basic Life Support certification, ACLS preferred
Experience in managing multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting critical deadlines
Must maintain confidentiality relating to treatment in accordance with HIPAA guidelines
Knowledge of PCMH
Must be proficient with Electronic Medical Records including charting requirements of a Psychiatric Nurse
Willingness to be accessible to staff at all times and on-call to provide consultation as needed
Familiarity with coding (ICD-10) and determining level of service
Critical thinking and strong problem solving skills; must demonstrate an ability to remain calm and perform effectively and professionally during peak periods of activity and in emergency situations
National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
Full Time Clinical Guidelines
Clinicians must work a minimum of 40 hours per week, for a minimum of 45 weeks service year.
At least 32 hours per week must be spent providing direct patient care at the approved service site(s); of the minimum 32 hours spent providing patient care, no more than 8 hours per week may be spent in a teaching capacity.
The remaining 8 hours per week may be spent providing patient care for patients at the approved site(s), providing patient care in alternative settings (e.g., hospitals, nursing homes, shelters) as directed by the approved site(s), or performing clinical-related administrative activities (limited to 8 hours/week); clinical- related administrative activities may not exceed a total of 8 hours per week
Part Time Clinical Guidelines
Clinicians must work a minimum of 20 hours per week, for a minimum of 45 weeks service year.
At least 16 hours per week must be spent providing direct patient care at the approved service site(s); of the minimum 16 hours spent providing patient care, no more than 4 hours per week may be spent in a teaching capacity.
The remaining 4 hours per week may be spent providing patient care for patients at the approved site(s), providing patient care in alternative settings (e.g., hospitals, nursing homes, shelters) as directed by the approved site(s), or performing clinical-related administrative activities (limited to 4 hours/week); clinical- related administrative activities may not exceed a total of 4 hours per week
Must be available to work any and all hours scheduled. These include but are not limited to early mornings, evenings and weekend hours as determined by the organization and our patient population. Hours are subject to change based on need.
Staff Signature: __________________________________________ Date: ___________________
Witness Signature: ________________________________ Date: ___________________
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54.89 – $55.98 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Loan repayment program
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Emergency Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following the CDC guidelines with regard to Covid-19.
- Master’s (Preferred)
- BA Nursing/MS Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
- State of Michigan RN License (Preferred)
- One location
- Not listed / Other
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply