We are looking to fill first and third lead positions.
The Lead Caregiver provides personal care and incidental Activities of Daily Living to residents of Koru Health, with adherence to organizational and regulatory requirements. Also provides first level of support and direction to caregiving staff members.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to the written Resident Care Plan to:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and nutritional needs. Also provides assistance with preparing meals, laundry and maintaining a clean, safe physical environment.
- Assist residents with ambulation and transfers.
- Assist residents with medical administration and maintains related reporting requirements.
- Perform delegated tasks as instructed by the Executive Director, Clinical Director or Assistant Executive Director. Assists with paperwork, record keeping and staff organization.
- Perform acceptable standard healthcare practices.
- Assist with housekeeping duties in resident or common areas (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, cleaning, etc.) as directed.
- Observe and report resident’s condition and safety hazards to RN Administrator or Executive Director in a timely manner.
- Document observations and activities in an accurate, complete and timely manner. Notify Executive Director or RN Administrator of resident or staff complaints or issues; provide communication to the family or resident as directed.
- Protect residents’ health information according to HIPPA policies and procedures and federal and state law and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of State Regulations and updates for DHS 83 and 89. Attend all mandatory in-service training opportunities.
This position does have leadership responsibilities but does not have direct supervisory responsibilities except in the absence of the Executive Director. This position does participate in the performance management functions of the staff.
- High School education, plus:
- Six months of experience as a personal aide, Caregiver or equivalent life experience & employed with KORU Health for at least 6 months
- Certification of CNA or MA completion (preferred)
- Must have all CBRF certificates
- Reliability and Flexibility in Scheduling – Demonstrates excellent attendance; must be able to work holidays and weekends and cover as required by resident needs.
- Communication and Organizational Skills – Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with staff, residents and family members. Possesses efficient organizational skills necessary to prioritize and complete assigned tasks.
- Energy and Professionalism – Ability to demonstrate patience, understanding, tolerance and emotional/physical ability and experience to meet the daily needs of our residents.
- Government Compliance – Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with all building regulations and Department of Health and Family Services requirements. Maintains all training requirements as directed by DHS 83 and/or 89. Ensures that all fair housing standards are met at all times. Complies with OSHA, Workers’ Compensation, and any other reporting requirements
- Resident Satisfaction – Provides, promotes, and requires high-quality resident relations. Reviews and/or resolves complaints and alerts Executive Director or RN Administrator of any unusual activities or problems.
- Quality, Safety, and Physical Condition – Administers care that meets or exceeds company safety and physical condition standards. Cooperates in maintaining safety and security of residents and employees. Ensures that residents and staff are informed about safety issues, regulations, and requirements necessary. Enforce compliance with regard to safety and health issues as well as appropriate food standards.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What shift are you interested in?
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply