With seven tri-state locations and continued growth, Sunrise Treatment Center leads to an environment of innovation and collaboration. We are proud to have received one of Cincinnati’s best places to work for 2018 and 2020.
The Intake Operator is responsible for coordinating intake activities for new patients and verifying patient benefits for services as required. His/her main objective is to prescreen all patients prior to the initial Intake appointment to ensure proper payment in compliance with all legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Answer patient intake calls for new and returning clients and obtains demographic and insurance information.
- Completes and processes all required intake and benefits paperwork according to established procedures.
- Schedule intake appointments with patients according to site intake schedule and patient availability.
- Communicates with intake and benefits staff regarding patients’ scheduled appointments.
- Communicates with patients, clinicians, physicians, administrative staff, and payors daily as required.
- Verifies eligibility/benefits accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with Company policies.
- May assist in obtaining initial authorization following Company policy and maintains authorization extension for all patients as appropriate.
- Educates patients upon admission of their financial obligation and reviews payment options for ongoing treatment within their financial means.
- Contact existing patients regarding their benefits/financial obligations due to changes in insurance that have been communicated by the Administrative Assistant during daily verification of eligibility.
- Assists in the appeals process to prevent potential reimbursement errors.
- Provides ongoing training/support for changes in patient benefits and payer requirements to Intake Coordinators, Administrative Assistants, and Reimbursement staff to ensure correct administration of documentation to facilitate patient understanding of their benefits.
- Remains current with company required opioid treatment program (OTP) training and in-services following operational policies and procedures.
- Remains current with changes in policies and procedures.
- Attends/participates in relevant continuing education and in-service training to improve professional competency.
- Maintains professional work conduct and ethical confidentiality.
- Performs other related work as required or assigned.
Attention to detail Dependability
Cooperation Customer Service
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and must work 32 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
There is no expected travel for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma/GED at minimum. Ohio Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA) or superseding Ohio licensure (e.g. LCDCIII, LPC, LSW).
Sunrise Treatment Center. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click Here To Apply