Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurately triages and accessions all specimens including frozen section specimens
- Ensures proper labeling of all specimens received and troubleshoots when there is a deficiency
- Notify clinician of deficiency and follow QA protocol including filing safety reports
- Accessions specimens in accordance with approved department protocols
- Prints bar code labels and cassettes for accessioned cases
- Prints, add and delete cassettes, as needed.
- Distributes specimens to appropriate location including sending out specimens for specialized tests
- Assists with lab maintenance to include cleaning, restocking and specimen discarding
- Answers telephone and directs call to appropriate individual
- Delivers customer service in a professional manner
- Maintains General Data cassette printer and make service calls, as needed
- Prepares weekly pathology subspecialty schedule in the absence of the CLA Senior
- Grosses small surgical specimens under direct supervision of the Senior AP Tech and indirect supervision of the Technical Director, Surgical Pathology Supervisor, Autopsy Pathology Supervisor & Staff Pathologist
- Maintains proper storage of surgical specimens on designated shelf after grossing
- Photograph cassettes racks and assure proper archiving of photographs into computer system
- Loads cassettes into tissue processors and troubleshoot processor issues
- Maintain Continuing Medical Education credits per departmental protocol
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you, apply online today!
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to Potomac Management Solutions by forwarding this job posting.
Potomac Management Solutions, LLC (PMS) specializes in Human Resources/Staffing, Program Operations, Administration, Health Systems Management and Federal Law Enforcement Support. We understand the fundamental component of commercial services as well as state/federal contract management – transforming mission objectives into programs that efficiently support and deliver quality products & services.
In conformity with applicable laws, Potomac Management Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, a Vietnam Era veteran, a veteran who has served on active duty for which a campaign badge was authorized, or a newly separated veteran.
Click Here To Apply