Clement Manor is a faith-based independent living, assisted living, and long term care community, nationally recognized for providing a superior quality environment for older adults.
We are looking for a positive, compassionate Activities Assistant to schedule and coordinate events. The Activities Assistant will create and handle the logistics for daily, weekly, and monthly events in an effort to engage residents. They will speak to participants to get feedback, manage resources, and deliver fun, safe events while on time and under budget. You should be detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
To succeed as an Activities Assistant, you should strive to stage entertaining, engaging activities that will appeal to the age and physical or emotional condition of the client. You should be observant, driven, creative, and caring.
- Planning and facilitating daily, weekly, and monthly activities and events to encourage socialization, relaxation, and recreation.
- Conduct leisure and recreation assessments.
- Offer one to one structured activities with residents who have that preferred social experience.
- Implementing activities that accommodate those with special needs.
- Handling logistics to make the event possible, such as making phone calls, advertising, managing inventory and budgets, training and motivating volunteers or employees, and coordinating transportation.
- Observing participants at group activities and events to gauge their enjoyment and obtain their feedback on areas the need improvement.
- Keeping records regarding event planning resources, participant interest, and other notable information, such as injuries or behavioral incidents.
- Reporting medical concerns or observations.
- Ensuring that events are well-provisioned, the event staff is trained and prepared, and that the event takes place on time and within budget.
- Providing participants with instructions for the events.
- Adhering to and promoting all safety procedures.
- High School Diploma and certain certifications may be required.
- More education or experience with nursing, recreational activities, event planning, or related may be preferred.
- Job training and first-aid and CPR training may be necessary.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening.
- Physical fitness, ability to walk, dance, stand, lift, or meet other physical demands.
- Adaptability and strong organization and time management skills.
- Excellent resource management, computer, record keeping, interpersonal, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience and compassion when dealing with others, especially those who are sick, injured, elderly, or from different backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work when needed, especially evenings, weekends, select holidays, or early mornings.
- Willingness to adhere to and promote all safety policies and procedures.
Click Here To Apply