- 5 + years progressive case management experience applying ADA/ADAAA using a case management system and establishing/executing a case management plan
- Knowledge of federal and state disability laws regarding access for employees with disabilities; specifically ADA and FMLA
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint and pulling data from multiple sources.
- Computer operating and database management skills
The Sr. Accommodation Consultant serves as a liaison between business lines, the Disability Leave Services (DLS) team, outsourced vendor partners and employees. Sr. Accommodation Consultants are highly skilled in answering questions related to ADA, understanding the employee’s situation, responding to changing circumstances and needs, and paving the way for a connected and trusted case management experience. Responsibilities include pursuing return-to-work management and collaboration with leave case managers and disability vendors to ensure effective administration of the program. This role will also provide consultation and coaching regarding accommodation matters to designated regional HR partners, managers and employees.
This position must understand Amazon business operations and have a deep understanding of ADA, FMLA, statutory leaves and disability policies and laws, in addition to the job accommodation processes. The Sr. Accommodation Consultant must demonstrate the ability to collaborate and teach in order to achieve goals for the company and employees. They must focus on projects that affect the DLS team and act as a SME for accommodation related issues.
The Sr. Accommodation Consultant provides individual case management for sensitive accommodation and disability life events. This role manages all aspects of accommodations, leave of absence and disability including the development and implementation of regional processes and procedures to achieve optimal employee productivity and experience. The individual in this role must have strong self-management skills, a desire to knowledge share and an ability to translate business needs and goals into human resource capabilities, producing favorable results for the company and employees.
In addition, this person will exhibit exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail and an ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. This individual will demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon.
- Provide information, referral, and support to employees with medical conditions or disabilities (both occupational and non-occupational), supervisors, Human Resources, and other partners at an escalated level to support Amazon’s employee retention efforts.
- Operate as an advocate for the accommodations process by providing on-going consultative support to site stakeholders and accommodation specialists with a focus on problem solving and creative solutions.
- Facilitate escalated communication between stakeholders, employees with disabilities, as well as Leave of absence, STD, LTD and Workers Compensation stakeholders
- Coordinate with DLS Management and Legal on escalated issues as appropriate
- Manage sensitive cases such as Behavioral Health conditions
- Assist Human Resources and department supervisors in identifying essential and marginal functions of employee positions
- Conduct job site analyses as needed
- Assist employees in understanding their restrictions and limitations and their legal rights and responsibilities
- Maintain strict confidentiality in verbal and written communications
- Keep updated on legislation and national, state and local issues affecting access for employees with disabilities
- Document and maintain up-to-date case records and notes of appropriate and accurate information on the computer database
- Assess business unit’s training needs and/or group training sessions as appropriate
- Provide professional opinion and actions taken on behalf of disabled employees in formal grievances, arbitration, depositions, and other forums as requested
- Adhere to internal SLAs and quality standards
- Maintains a caseload of up to 80 cases on average. Caseload may fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak, prime day and new site launches
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Ability to travel as appropriate (25-50% of the time)
- Performs related tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PHR and or CPDM certification
- Experience handling negotiations
- Experience in union and non-union manufacturing, distribution and call center locations
- Experience working with confidential information
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment, preferably with senior members of the business
- Employee relations and change management
- Experience working with Vocational Rehabilitation and government programs
- Critical thinking skills – ability to make independent decisions in grey areas utilizing SOPs and internal policies
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Ability to work with all levels of business contacts to include:
- Disabled employees
- Employee family members
- Claim adjusters
- Private investigators
- Case Managers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Click Here To Apply