- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree from an accredited university (including specializations in fields like Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing, Technology or a related field)
- 5+ years’ experience with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- 5+ years’ experience delivering mission critical technology solutions to scale programs and improve efficiency
- In-depth knowledge and practical skills in applying Lean Six Sigma philosophy and methodology
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, working with large and complex datasets
- Experience gathering business requirements and developing scorecards and dashboards to surface meaningful KPIs and actionable intelligence to cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous environment, inclusive of analyzing cost / benefit of proposed projects; ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements manage risks appropriately and effectively
- Advanced understanding of how functional and technical decisions will impact department and company goals, system performance and scalability, and end users’ needs
- History of successfully managing multiple projects, including skills around work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and international environment, to lead by influence and earn trust at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
This position will be located in Seattle, WA, Nashville, TN or Arlington, VA.
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
One focus area of the Worldwide (WW) Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, and healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Program Manager to serve as our Principal Program Manager for WW WHS to build programs that create a safe workplace and build a world-class safety culture in the midst of Amazon’s explosive growth.
In this role, you will dive deep into project management analytics; identify risks through a combination of data analytics and process assessment; establish network standards for project validation; build programs and deploy innovative solutions to eliminate risks; incorporate standardization regarding project selection criteria and root cause analysis; and work with the Pi3 India team to build out WHS network standards for the Project Management Office.
The Principal Program Manager will work in partnership with the WHS Program Insights and Innovation (PI2) team to provide support and training with regard to project management and execution through the utilization of Six Sigma methodologies (ie DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis).. The creation of this data structure will include standardization and simplification of project entitlement and tracking, which will apply to all Amazon Business Units (BUs). This role will work collaboratively across all BUs and geographies to provide innovative, strategically oriented direction of project selection, data-driven insights and proposals. This role will assist in driving process stabilization, standardization, and continuous improvement for the Global Operations Network.
The Principal Program Manager role will challenge you to push boundaries and lead transformative innovation while having the autonomy to make rapid data-driven decisions and invent on behalf of Operation. The scope of this role also includes a partnership with the Process Insights and Innovations India team (Pi3) to create sustainable WHS project selection, entitlement, and standards framework. Further focus will be generating innovative and data-driven solutions to mitigate the risks in partnership with the Pi2 Sr. Risk Manager. This manager will be responsible for leading and driving process improvements (short-term wins) as well as process / redesign efforts (long-term wins) and maintaining close relationships with internal stakeholders in order to understand our highest priority execution pain-points and opportunities.
This role calls for an individual who is technically smart to gain credibility with customers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
The leader will report into the Sr. Manager, WHS ACES Program Management within the Pi2 team, and work collaboratively with the Project Management Office across all Amazon BUs and geographies to provide strategic steering and project entitlement foundations through data analysis. Initially, this role is an individual contributor role but has the potential to take on more leaders, dependent upon the statement of work growth. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
The successful candidate is one that has an obsession for data driven results and a strong interest in building innovative solutions; must have proven analytical capabilities (including ability to deep dive, root cause and permanently eliminate hazards and risks) and ability to multi-task; and can thrive in a fast-paced environment with exceptional communication and project management skills. The ideal candidate must have outstanding judgment, compassion, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in many areas across the company.
- MBA, MS or MA (including specializations in fields like Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Retail, Manufacturing, Technology or a related field)
- 10+ years’ experience with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)
- 10+ years’ experience delivering mission critical technology solutions to scale programs and improve efficiency
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt encouraged.
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings; experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
- Experience defining technical requirements and working with systems resources
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while executing systemically with a high bar and attention to detail, operational excellence and ability to multi-task
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25%, when needed (and with appropriate health and safety conditions)
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $118,700 – 160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Click Here To Apply