Want to work for a solid financial institution that expects 110% from its employees and rewards them accordingly? We work as a team and have high levels of engagement from our employees. A primary driver of engagement is job satisfaction. Contributors to this high level of job satisfaction are the Chesapeake benefits plan from competitive healthcare options to a generous vacation allotment. Commitment to community also plays into our job satisfaction. Chesapeake puts great emphasis on the fact that we are only as strong as the communities we serve. Therefore, we contribute dollars and hours of service to our local communities. And, we have fun doing it all!
Talk to us about a career that makes you want to get up and come to work, have fun and make a difference.
Summary: Assists in originating commercial loans, accepting loan requests and interviewing customers. Completes the analysis and documentation required for loan approval. Promotes the financial institution and its lending services to the community. Will perform various administrative and credit functions as required by the Regional Executive or Commercial Loan Officer.
- Performs regular support duties including telephone support, screening visitors and calls, and scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Obtains loan request information from commercial lender or borrower.
- Assists in screening loan requests based on financial institution policies and on types of loans offered by the bank.
- Reviews personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Pulls and reviews credit reports on personal guarantors. Analyzes the compiled financial information and prepares the preliminary analysis for the lender.
- Prepares Commercial Approval Memorandums (CAMs) for presentation by the lender to loan committee.
- Requests and obtains financial information on existing borrowers and maintains current loan files.
- Manages the tracking of upcoming maturities and loan reviews of existing credits to ensure completion.
- Obtains additional information to include updated collateral values and current financial information, on delinquent loans and prepares detailed reports for presentation by the loan officer to management. Monitors and manages loan delinquencies and exceptions.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to loan officers as needed.
- Facilitates and/or completes the various servicing needs of loan customers such as appraisal requests, construction draws or generation of tax reporting information.
- Participates in local business and community activities.
- Understand your role as defined by the three lines of defense to maintain a compliance culture that includes risk management processes.
- College Degree or commensurate experience.
- One to two years’ experience in a financial institution or loan office setting.
- Good sales, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Superior computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Office programs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend training materials, financial institution communications and related loan manuals.
Click Here To Apply