Quad Full-Time First Press Operator
Careers across Quad are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding crew to meet and exceed production standards while maintaining customer quality requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all delay time during shift.
- Adhere to all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Ability to troubleshoot unit and folder problems with minimum delay time
- Ability to troubleshoot reel and stacker problems with minimum delay time
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled maintenance
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Communicate with Supervisors on any problems developing to help determine the best time to correct and prioritize
- Read entire job ticket; special instructions, ink colors, paper brand, basis weight, etc.
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Knowledge of post folder equipment and proper set up
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer specifications
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Generate constant feeling of urgency, when press is down, to maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Work safely while demanding your crew to work safely
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing and sustaining Safety, 6S and Lean programs and look for ways to improve the operation.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other Pressroom personnel and assisting Supervisors in documenting and improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and suggestions
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee evaluations
- Facilitate teamwork on crews and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience, must have at least one year of manufacturing experience within the last three years
- Experience on a web press chopper fold combination folders.
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to stand for 12 hours.
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions for machine set-up.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to interact and guide crew members
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality and ability to stay in work area.
- Must be able to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude. Ability to work overtime as needed.
Additional Shift Information
Shifts for this position will be 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am and will include days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Click Here To Apply