Committee of 100 is a non-profit U.S. leadership organization of prominent Chinese Americans in business, government, academia, healthcare, and the arts focused on public policy engagement, civic engagement, and philanthropy. For over 30 years, Committee of 100 has served as a preeminent organization committed to the dual missions of promoting the full participation of Chinese Americans in all aspects of American life and constructive relations between the United States and Greater China. Visit https://www.committee100.org. or follow Committee of 100 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook for more information.
Location: New York City (Remote for the time being)
Reports to: Director of Member Engagement
- Candidates should be available to work a minimum of 15-20 hours a week (part-time).
- Unpaid internship
Please describe your qualifications and explain your interest in this position in an email, serving as a formal cover letter, to: [email protected] (Please attach your CV/resume)
Key tasks that you will work with the Director of Member Engagement on: (but not limited to)
- Event planning, promotion, and execution including design, roster management, adopting skills and certifications within event software platform and other logistics
- Maintain up-to-date event documents including site-schedule forms and action plans
- Procure and organize supplies for events, either directly or through serving as liaison with vendors
- Position will shadow department staff, offer input into projects, will be invited to meetings, and may be asked to assist other departments
- Coordinate event planning meeting agendas and/or dictate minutes during the session.
- Assist in creating event collateral, and outreach through media and social media channels, and email blasts
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event execution
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Resourcefulness, adaptability, flexibility, and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to establish priorities, balance the demands of multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills
- Organized and excellent attention to detail
- Non-profit or event experience preferred
- Must be a student attending an institution of learning with courses leading to a degree, certificate or diploma – or – must have been a student during the preceding semester
This position will be 10-12 weeks in length. At this time the position is remote. This is an unpaid internship; however, the position can be used towards school credit where applicable.
Each student’s application and needs for course credit will be reviewed on an individual basis.
The anticipated start date for this position is June 7, 2021. The start date is negotiable based on the student’s Summer course schedule/other work schedule.
Click Here To Apply