*PLEASE READ before applying. REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE ARMY RESERVE
*AGE 17-34 only, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
*MUST HAVE High School diploma or GED
*TRANSFERABILITY to Civilian Work
A human resources specialist is responsible for providing support that affects Soldiers’ overall welfare and well-being while assisting leaders with keeping Soldiers combat-ready and effective.
· Assist on all human resource support matters
· Oversight of all strength management and strength distribution actions
· Responsible for the readiness, health and welfare of all Soldiers.
· Postal and personnel accountability support
· Maintain emergency notification data
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for human resources specialist begins with 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions on human resource systems. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
Additional training opportunities will be available based on the type of unit you are assigned to, including (but not limited to) postal operations, airborne or air assault school.
· Aptitude for English and business administration
· Able to follow detailed orders
· Sound people skills
Required ASVAB Score(s)General Technical (GT): 100, Clerical (CL): 90
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
Companies need experienced human resources professionals with knowledge of human relations, payroll, records keeping and other facets of employment. The skills acquired in the Army will be invaluable in continuing a human resources career after your Army service is complete.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
· OFFICE DEPOT, INC.
· SEARS HOLDING CORP
· Time Customer Service, Inc.
· THE PEP BOYS
· Zions Bank
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $87,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
- Requires enlistment into the US Army Active Duty or Reserve
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply