ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire protection systems in accordance with NFPA codes with working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components.
- Record and report deficiencies of fire protection systems to FLSA and Customers.
- Communicate with internal and external customers as well as offsite monitoring companies in a professional manner.
- Proper use and operation of tools required to complete the inspection (heat and smoke detector kit, backflow kit, pump equipment)
- Plan, coordinate, and complete inspections as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Required to be in an on-call status as required by location to handle emergency service and inspection requests
- Ensure company provided vehicle is clean and well maintained as required by company policies.
- Ensure that all assigned tools are safeguarded and maintained.
- Understand and follow FLSA’s Safety program, SDS book, Hazardous communication program, policies and procedures. Participate in weekly Toolbox talks. Inspectors must know where all related safety documentation is at all times on each project.
- Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches.
- Train inspector trainees in all applicable aspects of fire protection.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the elements required to perform the job successfully, however in some cases, an equivalent combination of Education, Training, Certifications and Experience may meet the job qualifications.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. NICET and/or state required certification required based on location.
Experience, Knowledge, Skill Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience inspecting fire protection systems required, five or more years’ experience preferred. Must be able to work alone and as part of a team. Basic math skills, mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, customer service skills, decision making skills, ability to multitasking, ability to meet project schedules, ability to plan and organize, troubleshooting skills, and the ability to train other is required.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English with employees and customers.
Systems and Software Skills:
- Ability to operate a computer, tablet and read electronic blueprints required. Experience with SalesForce and Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required.
- Must be able to comply with FLSA’s Drug and Alcohol policy and Background screening requirements, which may also include customer specific requirements based on contractual agreement
PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIROMENT REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Essential Job Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, ascend and descend step stools, ladders and stairs, kneel, lift <50lbs, reach above and below shoulders, stand and walk for extended periods of time. Employee is required to see in color, close and far distances, peripheral, depth, and adjust focus. Employee will occasional be required to balance, crouch, drive, kneel, lift >50lbs, sit, stoop, twist, and work at heights.
Frequent local travel and occasional regional and non-regional travel is required. Employee will frequently be required to work inside and outside in hot/cold temperatures and be exposed to loud noises, cramped quarters, dust, fumes and odors, standing on hard surfaces, and electrical hazards frequently. Employees will occasionally be exposed to chemicals, moving machinery, uneven and slippery surfaces. Employee will be consistently wear all appropriate personal protective equipment, as required by company safety policies.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- 3 year(s): Testing components on fire sprinkler systems such as pumps, valves, heads, audible warning devices, and detection devices.
- 3 year(s): Submit detailed inspection deficiency reports using SalesForce
- NICET II water-based inspection certification
- High School or better
- Technical/other training or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Click Here To Apply