We are offering a competitive salary for this position dependent on licensure and experience. The offered salary may be different from what is posted.
Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the assessment and care planning process for residents to ensure quality care is provided and that the facility receives appropriate reimbursement for services provided in accordance with laws, regulations and facility guidelines.
Education and Certification: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required; current LPN, LVN or RN license in good standing within applicable state.
Skills & Requirements: Must possess the ability to read, write and speak the English language; must be involved in health care matters and projects with the community as needed; must have strong communication and presentation skills in both group and individual situations; must be patient, friendly, courteous and respectful to residents in any situation, including difficult ones; must be able to make independent decisions when necessary; must have the ability to follow nursing department guidelines as outlined by the facility and other regulations governing nursing services in a long-term care facility; must be able to move frequently throughout the workday; must be able to lift 40 lbs floor to waist; lift 20 lbs waist to shoulder; lift and carry 40 lbs; and push/pull 40 lbs.
Experience: Minimum of two years experience in health care, long-term care; geriatrics nursing experience preferred.
Primarily works in an office setting as well as throughout the nursing department; bends, lifts, sits, stands and moves frequently throughout the shift; deals with frequent interruptions and possibly upset residents and family members; works regularly scheduled shifts in addition to providing weekend supervision and working holidays and other hours based on resident needs; primary responsibility is service to the residents but also deals with visitors, government personnel, etc.; participates in required continuing education programs; subject to odors, falls, burns and exposure to infectious diseases, waste, etc., including AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Competencies of Position
Professionalism: Reports to work on time and as scheduled; works in unison with all staff; displays a willingness to help others; embraces constructive criticism; presents a friendly and professional attitude.
Resident Rights: Promptly reports resident grievances to supervisors; treats all resident care information with confidentiality; continuously monitors assigned areas to ensure residents are treated fairly and with dignity and respect at all times.
Organizational and Communication Skills: Ability to multi-task and is detail-oriented; possesses the ability to effectively prioritize matters promptly and appropriately; understands the importance of follow-up; builds rapport with residents and families through listening attentively and effectively following up; able to effectively communicate individually or as a group.
Safety Awareness: Follows safety program guidelines; immediately reports accidents and incidents to supervisors; identifies unsafe working areas and promptly reports to supervisors; promotes safety by working as safely and efficiently as possible; consistently follows infection control and universal precautions and other guidelines; identifies and corrects or reports hazardous conditions to supervisors; understands facility emergency and evacuation protocols.
Customer Service: Treats all residents, families, co-workers, inquiries, referral sources and supervisors with dignity and respect and takes initiative to exceed customer expectations; professionally represents the facility, self and position to visitors and residents; shows genuine concern for the residents; proactively identifies needs of the physical plant; demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to help to all visitors and residents; remains sensitive to all needs through listening, observing and responding appropriately for the position held.
Essential Job Duties
1. Coordinates and monitors the assessment and care planning process for residents to ensure quality care is provided.
2. Follows residents through the continuum of care and monitors optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with local and state laws and regulations.
3. Provides ongoing support through comprehensive assessments, care plans, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual resident needs.
4. Enhances the quality of resident care and satisfaction to promote continuity of care through case management, utilization reviews and discharge planning.
5. Participates in new resident orientation and periodic assessments of resident care needs.
6. Conducts chart reviews and resident meetings to determine prior levels of function and coordinates delivery of services.
7. Attends care plan meetings as required by the facility guidelines. 8. Monitors nursing notes to ensure information recorded is timely, accurate and descriptive.
9. Forwards grievances or complaints regarding the nursing department to the ADON or DON timely for resolution.
Other Job Duties
10. Participates in various routine and non-routine meetings to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of facility outcomes.
11. Actively participates in facility in-service training programs.
12. Assists with administrative duties as needed or requested.
13. Provides direct nursing care as necessary.
14. Promotes continuity of care through partnering with other departments (i.e. Rehab).
15. Participates in discharge planning process.
16. Actively participates in state or federal survey processes in conjunction with nursing administration.
17. Completes all forms and documents in accordance with facility guidelines and other laws and regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse (Required)
Click Here To Apply