This position’s main responsibility is to provide timely response to MRI orders by calling patients to schedule their MRI as well as their follow up appointment with the provider. This position will also be required to obtain insurance eligibility, pre-authorization and prepayment of coinsurance and deductible.
1. To call patients and schedule MRI and follow up appointments within 24 hours of receiving the MRI order.
2. To keep current with authorization requirements for insurers to efficiently provide the required information to the insurance company for a timely authorization.
3. Counsel patients on financial obligations.
4. Secure deductibles and co-insurance payments on elective services.
5. Effectively and professionally communicate issues regarding insurance denials or delays to the patient, and the clinical teams through both verbal and written channels.
6. Keep detailed documentation in the patient’s chart regarding the scheduling, eligibility and preauthorization process.
7. Must multitask, organize and prioritize a list of assignments independently in a fast pace environment.
8. Specifically document, in the preauthorization template, by name of the document, date of service, name and means of submission, anything that is sent out of the patient’s chart.
9. Effectively work with other team members to do what is best for the patient.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
– At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
– Minimum of 1 year experience in the medical field.
– Must be highly skilled in customer service, problem solving and strategic thinking.
– Previous experience with calling insurance companies as well as utilizing their online capabilities.
– Knowledge of insurance benefits and how they apply the patient’s deductibles and co-insurance.
– Knowledge of registration information, the ability to read an insurance card and a patient’s account including charges and payments.
– Knowledge of basic insurance contracting and allowables; as well as coordination of benefits when the patient has more than one payer.
– Understanding of basic medical and insurance terminology.
– Basic knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10 and how they apply to preauthorization and billing.
– Works very closely with the business office and clinical staff, so the ability to professionally communicate effectively (both in written and verbal form) is essential.
– Proficiency with basic computer programs including by not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
– A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of tasks with attention to detail along with a commitment to quality.
Motivation to pick up additional tasks if workload is low.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
All patients and employees are required to wear masks on the premises and hand sanitizer is available and located through out the building.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical or MRI Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply