The International Masonry Institute, a national labor-management trade association, is seeking a communications professional to manage and assist with on-going and new content development, industry outreach and online engagement. IMI’s offices and training centers throughout the US and Canada provide technical education and design assistance to architects, engineers, owners, and contractors, while also training union craftworkers from the apprentice level to advanced and specialized certifications.
This position offers a very competitive salary and excellent benefits, including fully paid health insurance and pension, as well as generous vacation and sick leave.
The Communications Manager, working in close conjunction with the Communications Director, will:
· Write, edit and distribute digital and print communications materials across platforms
· Assist with the planning, creation and governance of website content, including for a redesign
· Work with internal subject matter experts to create and update technical materials and place articles in trade/industry publications
· Manage project timelines and editorial calendars for all communications efforts, coordinating with internal clientele to set and meet deadlines
· Assist in creating timely multi-channel content, including social media campaigns, news articles, case studies, and press releases/media advisories
· Manage and optimize CRM database and expand marketing automation efforts through segmented and customized email campaigns
· Monitor, analyze and report metrics for social media and web content
· Work with external vendors to coordinate communications and marketing materials, including video, graphics, and written pieces
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in communications, marketing or public relations. Familiarity with the architecture, engineering, and construction community and/or trade unions and labor management organizations a bonus.
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· Solid project management and organizational skills and the ability to assess priorities and manage multiple assignments with varied deadlines
· Experience working with varied digital platforms, including a customer relationship management (CRM) system, marketing automation platforms, content management system (CMS)
· Experience working with a customer relationship management system (CRM) system preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
This position offers a very competitive salary with excellent benefits. It also includes employer-paid healthcare benefits, pension and 401k programs, as well as generous vacation and sick leave. If you are looking to leverage your experience in a flexible and creative work environment, this position is for you.
IMI is funded by members of the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (BAC) and the contractors who employ them, driving our mission to promote the use of skilled union labor. BAC contractors bring experience, technical expertise and successful performance to their projects, without compromising safety or quality. They are essential to the growth of family-sustaining middle-class jobs, providing fair wages and benefits. BAC members are highly trained, certified union craftworkers who have the skill to meet industry demands and successfully install complex jobs. Our contractors and installers work on groundbreaking and significant projects, from academic buildings at leading universities, to historical monuments, sports stadiums, office and residential facilities, and more.
The International Masonry Institute (IMI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. IMI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IMI expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of any employee to perform their expected job duties will not be tolerated.
This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- communications, marketing or public relations.: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply