Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and wholeness to people and communities. For over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children and families, and we’re still a strong, viable presence in the State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a difference.
We offer numerous services to at risk children and their families in their communities. We strive to make positive changes in the lives of children, their families and their communities. If you have a passion for helping children and are looking to make a difference that changes lives, we may have an opportunity for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Child Welfare Assistant will provide foster care services to children, foster parents, and families.
- Under the general supervision of the Program Director, supervisor, or designee, the prospective child welfare assistant/case aide provides supportive interventions and activities to individuals and families within the mandates of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Lutheran Social Services of Illinois policies, and Council on Accreditation standards.
- High School diploma or GED (AA degree preferred).
- Basic understanding of child development and parenting, or equivalent life experience.
- Basic understanding of strengths-based, trauma informed interaction with clients.
- Submit to fingerprinting and pass required background checks, including CANTS, LEADS, Sexual Abuse Registry, Illinois State Police, and FBI.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance and access to transportation to make home visits, other required appointments, and transport clients.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, comprehensible manner.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences within the diverse client base served by the organization, as well as within the organization itself.
Benefits and Perks:
Come be a part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that you’re helping others live better lives, as well as these career advantages:Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience and licensure
- Opportunity for advancement
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance, PLP, 10 paid holidays, sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible hours
- The training you need to learn, grow, and succeed
- The opportunity to become a part of a fantastic team of Child Welfare professionals!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other characteristic protected by law.
Click Here To Apply