Health, Dental, Vision
A nursing assistant responsible for providing routine nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses or Administrator, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
- Currently enrolled in a school for nursing assistants or have a license as a certified nursing assistant.
- A minimum of 6 months experience as a certified nursing assistant or clinical experience while enrolled in a nursing assistant certification class.
- Must possess a sincere desire to serve the ill, aged and infirm.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: GENERAL
- Perform all duties as assigned and in accordance with facility’s established policies and procedures, nursing care procedures and safety rules and regulations.
- Make resident rounds at the beginning of each shift and every two hours thereafter to administer quality nursing care.
- Verify the identification of a resident before administering nursing care or serving food, to assure that appropriate care is being provided to the correct resident.
- Report missing ID bands to admission coordinator immediately.
- Make beds, clean bedside and overbed tables.
- Assure that water pitchers are cleaned, filled with fresh drinking water and within the resident’s reach.
- Other related duties as may become necessary or as directed by the Charge Nurse, RN Supervisor, Director of Nurses, or Administrator.
Click Here To Apply