Aqua Dialysis is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join our team. The Registered Dietitian participates in the development and implementation of interdisciplinary protocols for patient care. Based upon nutritional assessment and renal standards of practice, the registered dietitian develops a nutrition care plan, evaluates and documents through written records, educates the patients and/or significant other, and provides ongoing care for outpatients.
1. Develops, completes and documents in medical record an initial nutritional assessment of each new patient per policy and procedure. Reviews chemistries with dialysis patients, documents any problems and educates as needed. Provides assessment, education, consultation and documentation on an on-going basis to patients, family, significant others and care centers to maximize patient’s nutritional status.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary team care plan conference to establish short and long term nutritional goals, taking into account individual, cultural, religious, psychosocial, economic and physical needs of
patients. Completes long and short-term care plans per Policy and Procedures.
3. Takes initiative to assist patients and families/caregivers in developing a nutritional plan based on their needs, problem solves where indicated and informs patients/ appropriate care giver of lab values per HIPPAA guidelines. Responds to medical staff concerns and referrals in a timely manner and refer to appropriate outside resources.
4. Organizes and conducts in-services in the area of nutrition and adequacy of dialysis to staff, community, and/or health professionals as required and as needed. Provides Chronic Kidney Disease nutrition education class as general guidelines for group basic renal education, not specific patient education in accordance with CMS guidelines, to assist patients and family in adjusting to new diagnosis of chronic illness per market specific requirements.
5. Participates in CQI process as appropriate.
6. May also participate with the multidisciplinary team in anemia, bone and adequacy management to enhance patient outcomes.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a U. S. regionally accredited school or foreign equivalent
2. Maintains Registration Certification by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
3. Licensed or certified as a dietitian or nutrition professional by the state of Texas.
4. Minimum one year Clinical experience preferred
5. Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English
6. Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
7. Ability to use reasonable care in carrying out verbal and written instruction
Click Here To Apply