Experienced tractor trailer driver in a Shuttle Driver role focused on moving tractor trailer from one location to the next. Individual must be responsible for ensuring to meet safety compliance in all areas of the position
Comply with health and safety regulations, trailer drive must monitor safety requirements, ensuring procedures are followed so as not to endanger themselves and other through careless driving
· Must be able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and stay on schedule.
· Possess excellent attention to detail
·Compliance with applicable Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices
· Other duties as assigned
AUTHORITY LEVEL (if applicable):
Required: High School Diploma
Valid CDL Licensing (Commercial Driver License)
Required: 1 Year Tractor Trailer Driving
Preferred: 2 Years Tractor Trailer Driving
· Must be willing to transport a range of materials, merchandise, or equipment using heavy duty vehicles
· Must be willing perform task such as loading and unloading materials or merchandise.
· Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision
· Must be able to follow traffic and driving laws, staying aware at all times
· Must be able to ensure any cargo that is being transported is secure to the trailer, using blocks, chains, covers, or ropes.
· Must be able to inspect the trailer after each use/trip and record defects
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable):
· Physically fit without effort medical conditions that could affect their ability to drive.
· Hand eye coordination- be able to respond quickly to situations in case of an accident or incident on the road
· Must be able to pass a hearing and vision test to ensure that its safe for them to be driving long periods of time
LIMITATIONS & DISCLAIMER:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Silgan will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless doing so would cause undue hardship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan Plastics is a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply