Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: InterContinental – Buckhead Atlanta (ATLBH)
Job number: R180995
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charmingby being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the momentby understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership
of getting things done.
- Make it memorableby being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
InterContinental Buckhead is one of Atlanta’s established Mobil Four Star luxury properties located in the heart of the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood. InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is a stately and sophisticated hotel that offers premier travel experience with 422 guest rooms, 31,000 square feet of flexible event space including our lavish ballrooms which can host up to 850 guests for a seated dinner and 1500 for a convention, conference or reception. Enjoy local southern-inspired cuisine at Southern Art restaurant, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner inspired by our acclaimed celebrity chef restaurateur and cookbook author Art Smith. Meet friends and colleagues at Bourbon Bar and sip your way through our 70 hand selected craft bourbons. Or enjoy a workout in our fitness center or a swim in our outdoor saltwater pool. Pamper yourself in our newly-renovated Jurlique Spa at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta where we combine our expertise in growing and crafting pure and effective skin care with holistic therapies from around the world.
Visit our website at: http://www.intercontinentalatlanta.com
Your day to day
Provide professional and friendly security services while ensuring adherence to federal, state and local regulations concerning OSHA, hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain documentation and confidential security related reporting systems (that may include reports, logs, inspection checklists, detainments, arrests and etc.) for prompt retrieval of information, trend projections, and enhancement of procedures from information learned during the investigations. Ensure that appropriate investigation documentation and results are available for current litigation/settlement and future reference.
- Assist in supervising the Security function; ensure staff is properly trained including service expectations, hotel facilities and services, and safety and emergency procedures, etc.
- Monitor performance and recommend corrective or disciplinary action. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Investigate loss and safety incidents involving guests, employees and/or hotel loss and safety exposure and help establish procedures to prevent/minimize the loss from theft and other safety risk or litigation against the hotel. Such investigations may include theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints, intoxication incidents, other guest complaints and safety hazard accidents and incidents. May have to administer CPR on guest or staff member in accordance to guidelines and communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Inspect, evaluate and ensure compliance of hotel security and safety requirements and procedures in order to protect hotel property, employees and guests against theft, crime and threats. This may include and is not limited to:
- patrolling and inspecting with specified equipment the assigned areas to include all public areas of the property including meeting rooms, entrances and outside building and grounds; monitoring surveillance cameras and checking areas for unauthorized persons or vehicles and coordinating towing of vehicles, unlocked doors and fire and safety hazards and document all actions.
- monitoring and maintaining the security procedures and audit/department logs.
- ensuring all guest room doors are secured and assist guest with room access and moving/removing guest possessions or inventory if required.
- escorting staff and guest to car upon request.
- inspecting purses, packages or bags of employees if designated by management and employees work identification and accuracy of employee time cards as they arrive/leave the property.
- Assist in training/educating employees on current safety and security issues to ensure compliance with all Company loss control policies and current security, and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or related vocational training, plus one year of security and safety experience including some supervisory/training experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 50-100 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to secure the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other guests and hotel staff.
- Certification in safety and training and/or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer may be required. Certified CPR, First Aid instructor and training in law enforcement techniques may be required or highly desired.
- Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OSHA requirements and fire codes and life safety codes.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used when an emergency situation occurs.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day and/or to read safety and security procedures.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, are used occasionally.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Click Here To Apply