ClinicalMind is seeking a Payroll & Benefit Administrator who will play a critical role in administrating the activities related to payroll, benefits, and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) processing for all staff. The ideal candidate will be as subject matter expert in payroll (multi-state jurisdiction), benefits, and HRIS administration in US and Canada.
- Accurately processes, tracks, and administers all payroll activities for hourly and salaried employees, including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, entering tax and direct deposit information, statutory deductions, retroactive payments, off-cycle payrolls, manual checks, taxable and non-taxable benefits and all other special compensation matters.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, garnishments, and other deductions.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Provides functional and technical expertise related to payroll processing while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Owns all documentation and maintenance of payroll and benefits records to meet the needs of the business.
- Responds to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Implements and maintains payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consults with human resources and finance teams to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Administers all employee benefit programs (medical, vision, dental, 401k)
- Manages open enrollment process and benefit plan transfers. Prepares materials and presents benefit plan information and changes to employees.
- Respond to and solve benefits inquiries from all employees.
- Responsible for setting up new hire benefits
- Process enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims.
- Serve as liaison with benefit vendors including TPAs.
- Maintains vendor contact to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Understand, administer, and educate employees on Retirement Plans.
- Manages all leave of absence requests and claims (FMLA, Disability).
- Responsible for worker’s compensation benefit claims and internal incident reports.
- Respond to all unemployment claims.
- Participate in Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment calls.
- Maintains knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws and regulations and ensure compliance with each.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Provides vendors documentation for life insurance, retirement, disability, and workers’ compensation benefits claims.
- Manage Paid Time Off set-up & tracking according to policy.
- Participate in Retirement annual audit.
• Responsible for researching and implementing new benefit incentives (i.e. wellness programs). • Manage On the Job Training (OJT) process and tracking.
- Presents at new hire orientation.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and provides benefit reports from database.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of benefit programs.
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- Prepares statistical summaries and reports from the HRIS involving payroll information, demographic data, and other employee data, requiring knowledge of the various Human Resources disciplines.
- Assists to maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Generates files/reports for benefits plans, annual reports, as well as other special and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Recommends business process improvements having an HRIS component.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and state/provincial laws governing benefits administration practices in US and Canada.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong ethics, flexibility, problem solving, ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to conduct research and maintain accurate records.
- Has shown ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests for data, ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field
- At least 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience. Must have multi-state experience. Working knowledge of Canadian payroll and benefits a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS and self-service systems. Experience with ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Experience in benefits administration is a must (medical, dental, vision, Retirement Plan administration, life and disability insurance)
The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and may be required to bend or stoop, as necessary.
- Normal office environment. d. May require regular evening and weekend work.
- May require travel between offices in NYC and Montreal.
- This role operates in an office environment and routinely makes use of standard office equipment.
ClinicalMind is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.
Click Here To Apply