Do you want to work for the number one heavy equipment dealer in North America? Would you enjoy being a part of a new product introduction? Come to work at Empire Southwest and work directly with OEM engineering in the field providing product support services to Caterpillar mining drills. Empire is expanding the rotary blast hole drill population in our territory and journeyman technicians are needed. Work with our world class training center and experience 24/7 technical support from the many resources at the Dealer and Caterpillar. Work in a culture that provides world class support to our external clients and internally to our expert technicians in the field. Experience a “promote within” environment where our culture believes that our people are our greatest assets. Empire is a family owned organization that puts safety first and individual development as a priority. At Empire, we give you the environment to be creative, and all the tools you need to be successful. What you can accomplish is up to you!!!
Troubleshoot, repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire allied machines, systems and components in a Field environment. Troubleshoot; diagnose malfunctions and failures of machines electrical, hydraulic and components. Must be able to identify and evaluate root cause failures through the use of electronic tools, schematics and other trouble shooting methods. Be able to demonstrate proper communication methods in order to effectively explain equipment conditions, machine status and recommendations, to clients, associates and management. Preferred candidate will have experience troubleshooting and repairing large Rotary Blast Hole Drills (Caterpillar, Atlas Copco, Sandvik ). Candidate can reside anywhere within the state of AZ.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good client relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Communicate verbally and in writing, information, instructions and explanations to associates, clients and management regarding vehicle/component/equipment conditions, problems, recommendations, and repair processes.
- Demonstrated technical skill competence.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Consistent attendance.
- Must have a current CDL or be able to obtain one within 60 days of hire..
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies and use of all required safety equipment.
- Must have acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Education and Experience
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Current driver’s license.
- Required DOT licensing, medical card and endorsements as vehicle size dictates.*
- Minimum of 6 months related experience.
- Completion of TRAIN test evaluation.
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk or hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop or kneel.
- The employee is required to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- May be required to operate a forklift with appropriate certification(s).
- This position is designated as a “Safety-Sensitive Position”. A Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that EMPIRE in good faith believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply