Exact Sciences is seeking a Medical Communications Intern. Responsibilities will include supporting creation of abstracts, posters, and presentations, monitoring and managing medical information databases, supporting medical writing, publications, and surveillance of published literature. In this cross-functional role the intern would be expected to interact with many groups including Medical, Biostatistics, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, Pathology, and Marketing. This position reports into the Director of Medical Communications and Medical Communications Scientists. The ideal candidate will have strong writing, communication and project management skills and ability to effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment across multiple department’s and groups. The position is based in Exact Sciences Redwood City, California corporate office but will be able to work remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports and coordinates the development and review of scientific abstracts, posters and presentations.
- Regularly monitors primary, secondary, and tertiary medical literature and is capable of critically evaluating and summarizing data from multiple sources.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth clinical and business knowledge of marketed products and regularly communicates relevant data and related business information to project teams companywide.
- Independently and efficiently creates and maintain department documents, materials, and databases.
- Active participation in publication planning and manuscript coordination and or development.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 70% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 70% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between building locations should you be onsite.
- Currently enrolled in secondary education in a BS/BA program in junior or senior standing at minimum, open to current MS and PhD students as well.
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
- Computer fluency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Endnote.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality .
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Medical Information/Medical Affairs experience within the pharmaceutical or diagnostics industries.
- Medical writing degree and/or certification.
- Clinical Oncology background/training.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Click Here To Apply