Enjoy a rewarding position with Medi-Weightloss in Winston-Salem, NC. This is a wonderful environment focusing on preventative medicine. Everyday is a celebration. No on call requirements.
We are looking for a Medical Assistant PRN with a dynamic personality to join our talented team as a health and wellness coach. Candidate must be passionate about helping others and, dependable.
Ideal candidates possess a background and clinical experience in nursing or as a medical assistant (LPN, RN, Medical Assistant). Prior experience and training in nutrition and/or exercise science preferred.
Essential Job Functions
Primary duties include consultations on nutrition and exercise. The candidate must possess knowledge of nutrition and demonstrate the ability to coach others on lifestyle changes and behavior modifications.
The Medical Assistant will work under the supervision of the clinic’s Nurse Practitioner.
This position is for a PRN who will work Saturdays and fill in when our full-time MA’s are off due to PTO or sickness. The clinics hours for this are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (6:30AM to 2:30PM), Thursdays (11:00AM to 7:00PM) and Saturdays (7:00AM to 1:00PM).
Essential Job Functions
Clinical duties include:
– Obtaining patient’s vitals, EKG, Phlebotomy
– Administering IM injections
– Preparing laboratory order forms
– Obtaining patient laboratory results
– Assisting physician or mid-level practitioner with patient referrals to other healthcare professionals
– Documents patient progress notes in the patient chart and/or EMR
– Conducts patient consultations
– Conducts follow-up calls to patients to discuss the patient’s progress and address any concerns
– Performs other clinical duties as required
– Use a multi-line phone system to answer and appropriately route all incoming calls
– Refers non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries or complaints to the appropriate staff member
– Ensure that each patient receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every patient, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service
– Assist with daily monitoring of inventory levels of all clinical and office supplies
– Trains additional staff on daily procedures when requested by the Office Manager or Nurse Practitioner
– Participates in clinic marketing efforts and provides ongoing support to promote clinic profitability and success
– Prior Medical Assistant experience
– Must be willing to work Saturday mornings
– Must be a team player and enjoy Changing Lives!
Background Information on Company
Frank’s Wellness, Inc. is a Medi-Weightloss franchise in Winston-Salem, NC. Established in 2005, Medi-Weightloss offers a physician supervised weight loss program known as the One That Works! Physicians and medical professionals provide individualized care based upon patient’s goals, health, and medical history. The program includes weekly consultations that focus on nutrition, lifestyle education, and exercise. In addition to a weight loss program for adults, resulting in over 6.5 million pounds lost nationwide, Medi-Weightloss offers specialized weight loss programs for adolescents and diabetics. The Company also offers Corporate Wellness programs, exercise equipment, and Signature Supplements and Products.
Our mission is to help our patients achieve their weight loss goals And to help them achieve long-term wellness through lifestyle changes. Our program guides patients using the five keys to wellness: nutrition, fitness, medicine, education, and motivation.
Developed and administered by healthcare experts, the physician-supervised Medi Weightloss Program results in a successful lifestyle change for the patient. When administering the treatment, Medi-Weightloss healthcare providers take each patient’s unique health profile into account, which is what makes us The One That Works! In fact, our patients have lost over 3 million pounds nationwide since 2006.
Medi-Weightloss’s Scientific Advisory Board critically reviews the effectiveness, safety and value of the Medi-Weightloss treatment guidelines and products through outcomes research. This panel of physicians, scientists, and public health experts also assists in guiding the development of translational research studies that move scientific discoveries from university laboratories to the patient care setting.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
All customers are required to wear a mask.
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Intramuscular Injections: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical assisting: 2 years (Required)
- Performing EKG’s: 2 years (Preferred)
- Phlebotomy: 2 years (Preferred)
- MA (Required)
- One location
- Nurse Practitioner
Travel Between Offices:
- Answering phones
- Performing injections
- Performing EKGs
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply