Associated Wholesale Grocers (AWG) is a retailer-owned cooperative serving over 4,000 retail member stores with a complete assortment of grocery, fresh meat, fresh produce, specialty foods, health care, and general merchandise items. Through an extensive distribution network and nine distribution centers, AWG and its subsidiaries deliver in over 40 states.
Summary: A selector/order picker plays a key role in logistics and shipping operations as part of a business that sends goods to customers. This person receives customer orders through the Vo-collect system and then works to prepare and package them for pick-up by the shipper or customer, or for direct loading into a company-owned shipping pipeline.
Pay rate: Starting Rate of Pay: $18.00 Top Rate of Pay: $24.00
Differential Rate of Pay: $.50 (freezer) $.25 (3rd shift)
$2,000 Sign On Bonus!
Responsibilities not limited to the below:
- Receives orders through the Vo-collect
- Picks orders without any discrepancies
- Palletizes and shrink wraps order thoroughly
- Takes orders to the correct dock doors for shipment
Physical Requirements: The physical demands are representative of the company and you must be able to perform in these conditions to work here
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Required to use your hand for objects, tools, controls; reach with hands and arms; climb balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk or hear
- Frequently lift between 5-90 pounds
- Specific vision abilities are required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The employee may also be required to work 12+ hours a day for 6 consecutive days
Working Environment: The Working Environment is representative of the company and you must be able to perform in these conditions to work here. We have 3 environmentally controlled areas ranging from 55 Degrees to -20 Degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and or extreme heat.
Schedule: Sunday – Saturday 9:00am – until work complete (5 day work week)
Benefits include: *
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Vacation and Holiday from day one and Sick Time (After one year of employment)
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Wellness Programs
Location: 8100 60th St
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
Click Here To Apply